• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

So76 will not start

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdailey

displayname
john dailey
im having a problem with my so76 i just got to restore it has been sitting sense the early 90s started checked out motor and found no fire to the plug after some checking found the condenser for the points was bad so installed and electronic ingition on that bypasses the condense i now have fire to the plug took carb apart and cleaned was fairley clean for as long as it has been sitting cleaned all the jets and passeges and put back together and got fuel to the cylinder but whwne you try to crank it is backfires through the carb and some times it back fires throught the muffler checked the aluminum ket in the fly wheel and it is ok what am i missing please any info may help

John D: Buy a new head gasket, remove the head and decarbon the head, piston and your main problem the sticking valves....I like to use MMO and a small hard rubber hammer to assist in this. Make sure the valve-to-valve seat surfaces are clean. I strongly recommend following the instructions in the B&S L-Head Service Manual, which will help you a lot....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

thanks for the info some other prople i have talked to has said the same thing about a possible valve being stuck i will pull the head and check the valves

i have a 582 cub cadet and i got a snowblade for it the other day i hook it up but i dont no were the lift lever goes any help thanks

Latest posts

Back