• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Shop Lights

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kendell,
I don't get it, I'm runnin right at 232 Volts in my shop and I'm runnin the same 8 footers you are and also 6 250 Watt metal halides and they are all 277 volt input!
I've even go a 400 watt HPS low bay in the center section of the garage that will blind ya, LOL
Tilt yer head the other way man.
dizzy.gif

Kendell - I'll hook one up here on tis hillybilly juice and try it if'un ya want ta git rid o one.

Charlie:
I haven't given up on the 8 footers - it's the MH's that won't fire - they're 400 watt - that may be the reason. I'm going to hang on to two or three of 'em, but the rest are history..
Ken - the one's I'm hanging on to will take a trip south with me, if I ever get headed that way !!
(137 MORE DAYS TILL I'M RETARDED - er RETIRED !!)

Kendell - how much amps or watts does those lights pull ? I've got some step up transformers under my desk that might power some of those lights for ya. I've not looked at them in years so I don't remember the output, I'll have to dig 2 or 3 'puters out of the way ... part of the "herd" ;)

Kendall, been quite a while since last post,just curious if you ever got the MH lights to work? 277 volts is one leg hot, 1 leg neutral.

Kyle:
I kept the reflectors (aluminum) and trashed the rest. New ballasts were more $$ than it was worth and I could not get them to fire on my single phase 220 (which as previously mentioned does run about 238). I kicked 'em around and then sent them off to the dumpster (which is where they were headed in the first place..) The 8 foot fluorescents got new (salvage) 110 V ballasts that they were pitching during a re-lighting project, so all was not lost (although my SIL pitched 4 of them before I could stop him)

Latest posts

Back