• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

RV repair

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rchristensen

displayname
Richard Christensen
Today I was getting the motorhome ready for a trip and while doing a pre-inspection I found the muffler on the Gen Set was cracked. With less than 50 hrs on the Generator I was surprised.

33150.jpg

Didn't take long to figure out what caused it. the Gen Set is rubber mounted and has lots of movement when it starts or stops. The exhaust pipe is basically mounted solid to the Motorhome chassis. I wonder what rocket scientist designed that.

33151.jpg

Luckily I have a Mig and some iron handy. Built a bracket that attaches directly to the Gen Set and holds the exhaust pipe so they can move together.

33152.jpg

Mounted and no more stress on the muffler. Welded the muffler up, guess I will watch it to make sure it holds, if not I will have to replace the muffler but this should prevent future problems.

33153.jpg

Richard,
Probably the same "Rochet Scientist" the made the Space Shuttle.

TOM - I used to work with an Engineer who worked on hydraulic pumps for the Space Shuttle Program at Sundstrand in Rockford..... He'd design a muffler assembly like Richard's...
joker.gif

Back