• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Rosebud torch Problems

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcurrin

displayname
Dudley B Currin Jr
Hey gang, I have a rosebud that some days I can use without problems and the next ARRRGGGH. The problem is after heating the part for a while it will all the sudden start acting like a machine gun... pop,pop,pop,pop etc. I am using a new smiths set with nearly full bottles. Acetylene and Oxygen pressures are set at 15psi as per guide book.
Any insight greatly appreciated. Dudley
By the way I learn alot from everybody on this board. Thanks to all.

Buy a tip cleaner and give it a good clean out. Sounds like it's stopped up a little.
Also you might try another 5-10-15 psi on the O2. I always run 2:1 O2 over gas on the regulator then adjust as needed on the torch body.

Welcome to your first post !

Well after posting my question I needed to use it again. Oh boy. I got a good bit more aggressive on the size of the flame and did not have any more problems. I guess I was a bit afraid of not having enough supply from the tanks to get the job done so I kept the flame small. I now know BIG flame.
happy.gif

Thanks for the reply Ken Ive been lurkin around since PD3. Boy that was a blast.
beerchug.gif

Happy Cubbin

Hey Ken,

have used a rose bud many times, i can imagine how big Dudlie's eyes got the first time it started to pop--LOL

first make shure you have blow back preventers on your hose for saftey. Then check all your "o" rings. Then it depends on size of your rose bud.On my largest bud on propain oxy. i use 25psi prop. 85psi oxy can heat 5" round stock red hot in 4 min. On my smallest rose bud 2psi propain 5psi.oxy. if you still use acetolen never go over 15psi.

some times you need to go over 15 psi ,with a rose bud ,and in tight connors it will pop,pop,crank up the oxygen as well ,its heat you want ,and yes the tanks go down in a hurry ,using a rose bud,hope this helps David

Latest posts

Back