Replacing hydro with used unit vs installing new shaft opinions

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvenezia

displayname
charles venezia
Just removed the charge pump shaft is shot. I see two options get a used hydro or install new shaft. any thoughts. I believe used pump will be cheaper.

I replaced the shaft in one tractor. it is not a big deal.The shaft from an older cub will work in the newer hydros. which tractor needs a new shaft. I think you should have ask this question in one of your older treads so we would know what tractor you are having this shaft problem with. what is the issue with the shaft ?

1572 I am now thinking of switching to a used pump from cyclops and going with cv jt drive shaft just not sure if driveshaft will fit right in say from a 2182

Charles--I did a write up on switching from my rag joint setup to a CV joint driveshaft on my 1772. It is in the thread down a few from this one titled "finally got my diesel cub". I installed one from a 2182. It made a huge difference in my application. I'd be happy to answer any questions about that conversion that you may have.

Latest posts

Back