Rear PTO Problems

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvenezia

displayname
charles venezia
I just replaced the field coil on the rear PTO on my 1572. The coil is working fine my problem now is that when the coil is off the armature continues to spin. When the PTO is off and engine is off the amrmature spins freely but you can hear it rubbing the roto alittle. I think it is warped alittle and continues to hit the rotar even when coil is off. Also the coil and rotor have grooves warn on their surface. I was thinking of having the surfsaces cut similar to a worn brake rotor. Anybody have any thoughts on this or has anybody done this or any other suggestions.

Thanks

Jim D has the answer to that question. seems like it is not step up that it is not releasing when it should. I bow out to a sharper mind !

Have you reset the clutch gap yet? If not, that is a place to start. On the clutch, you will have slots in the body where you will insert a feeler gage. Adjustment is made by the nuts with springs under them.

Set the clutch gap at .012" with the feeler gage for all 3 locations. Recheck them once again and until you have all 3 set . {Chances are this was the cause of the problem, a misadjusted clutch will drag and spin.}

Once all 3 are reset properly it should function like new again.

I just finished putting the rear PTO back together even though I dont think the bearing was bad I replaced it. Original bearing was NSK 62062DU and I replaced it with a Koyo 62062RSC3. The problem was the armature was not smooth and needed to be adjusted there really is no air gap adjustment like on front cluth you just have to bend the center arms to make it fit the way you want. Even though I will problobly never use it it does work. These rear clutches are nothing like a front clutch.

Latest posts

Back