• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

pr

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whellll, let's assume ( uh-oh, I've heard that word can make an "AS*-out-of-U-and-Me") that Phillip actually DOES have a starter, but only hears the solenoid closing when attempting to start his machine.

1) Battery fully charged?, check.
2) All power connections to the battery, solenoid and starter clean and tight? check. ( That includes cables into the terminals )
3) A good solid frame ground to battery negative connection? check.

If all that is true, then that leaves us with a bad solenoid or maybe bad brushes in the starter. Could be other internal problems with the starter also.
Here's where a simple test light will tell you which is at fault.
Test light from power connection of the starter to ground. Does it light when someone tries to start the machine? Yes? Problem with the starter. No? Then let's check the solenoid.
Connect the test light across the two main power terminals of the solenoid. The test light should light up. Now have someone try starting the machine. Does the test light remain lit, or does it go out? If it remains lit, then the contacts in the solenoid are dirty or worn out.
( Or alternately, you could test from power out of the solenoid to ground. Try starting. No light? Bad solenoid. Test between power into the solenoid and ground. Should stay lit starting or not. ) Just my take on the problem.

Latest posts

Back