• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Power steering update on 982

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpatterson

displayname
Mike Patterson
Thinking of putting power steering on my 982. With the blower on it now, makes for little harder steering than expected. Perhaps its the turf tires digging in compared to the tri-ribs on the 782??? Anyway, what other models would I be looking for the power steering off to fit the 982? It is an IH built model in case there is a difference in frame holes where it bolts on - or am I drilling the frame to fit?

Everything should bolt on using PS from an 1872, 2072, 1572, 1772, etc. You will need the front spindles as well.

Using parts from a later model with tilt steering is possible, BUT, you will have to modify the PS unit to extend the shaft (not too hard to do with an old steering gear and some exhaust tubing).

It is very simple to do. You will need the following items off a C.C. 2072
Steering column
Steering cylinder
all the plumbing
Left spindle
steering linkage
(we just used the axle off the parts donor)
It is very easy to do. Id Say the hardest part would be getting the steering wheels off if you haven't done that before. I left the dash tower on and put them on from the bottom side. (of course we used a lift) I would say it would take 4 hours or so if you have the right tools and everything comes apart ok. If you have any questions please ask. You wont have to drill any holes (that I remember) it will all bolt on just like it did on what it came off of. Jim

Latest posts

Back