• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Plow not level on 129

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am assuming you are talking about a snow plow here....

If it's a snow plow, make sure both pins are snapped into the quick attach points and the air pressure in the tires is the same right to left side and the :feet" are adjusted evenly. I usually place a 1/4" spacer under the blade and adjust the feet so they just touch the floor.
If the blade is still not level when in the straight ahead position, then chances are something on the blade 'A' frame and/or the under carriage is sprung or there is a broken weld on the pin supports on the undercarriage.

There is a lot of slop and wiggle/wear in these units after 40+ years of use so it may not hang level when in the lifted position. .

The blade will not be level either way when in the angled position, just the nature of the beast.

Last edited:
I assume you are referring to a dozer blade. It is likely due to worn pins on the Quick Attach (QA) sub frame, worn QA hooks on the tractor, worn pivot holes or pins where the blade lifts or possibly a bent sub frame. Is each side of the sub frame the same height off of the ground? It's best to measure on a flat surface like a concrete floor rather than on dirt or lawn.

EDIT: David beat me while I was sketching. :)

Subframe.jpg

Latest posts

Back