• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Part ordered for my lathe departs on countrywide tour!!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got two of mine yesterday. One was shipped from Texas on the 14th, the other was shipped from Las Vegas on the 21st.

At least the 9A is back up and running!
Finished up the tailstock die holder project I had been working on when the belt took a dump on me.

DSCN9096.JPG
DSCN9097.JPG

David, I guess I wasn't sympathetic enough to your problem. Now I have a similar one of my own. Glad to hear you are back online with your lathe.

Yesterday my IH/Farmall key fobs were supposed to have been delivered USPS "by 9 PM". Today they are listed as "in transit" with no ETA. I guess I won't see them until next weekend when I get home from Buffalo. They have taken a tour of the greater St. Louis area. They came into the area to a neighboring county south of St. Louis, then bounced from P.O. to P.O., but not here...

It's not just USPS, we get canned dog food from Nevada which is the next state over via FedEx and should arrive within 3 days at the latest. At once shipment that came to the Santa Maria distribution center and then we got a notice that was delayed on the next day delay in the next day delayed in the next day we got a notice that it was delivered on the original date was supposed to but no photograph doing it by our gate like FedEx normally does. Email chewy the company dependent dog food and told him we had received so they refunded us $20 to go by enough dog food to tide us over but it never did arrive so they set a new order instead of the other whatever arrives why use it or donated ( still hasn't arrived). This dog food is on automatic restock every 2 months of the next restock order made it to Santa Maria and then was delayed for 3 days there until we got a phone call saying address was wrong but both FedEx dipping invoice and Julie invoice had the correct address so they asked us where we were at we gave him directions and it arrived that day but even with a printout of directions on how find us. The next time a FedEx truck went by our place I stopped the driver and asked him if it was supposed to go to Santa Maria be distributed and he said yes, he said he had not delivered dog to us but he had labored something to was a while back so I guess that's the way it is these days.
USPS must want to hang onto Amazon delivery as it is usually right on the money and even delivers on Sunday even though we don't lever regular mail on Sunday.

Hahaha - the saga continues. I actually blame it on Trump's Postmaster General. He's the one that made the change from 29 distribution centers to 7. I suspect UPS and FEDEX were short handed in the areas where he closed them and they got new jobs right away. The Want Ad probably said "Must have experience sorting (mixing up) and delivering (delaying ) packages. $35/hr to start. As much overtime as you can justify. Must be able to throw 50# 500ft - Equal Opportunity Employer (if you're a woman and can do that).

I shipped a package about 3 months ago from AZ to Lexington NC. Cheapest price was USPS Ground Advantage (their new competitive price method). Not shipping anything special or urgent so why not go cheap. Supposed to take 5 days. Shipped Sat. MARCH 30. Tracking shows it departed (their words) the PO at 5:38pm. Someone is working overtime.
Arrived Phoenix March 30, 11:22pm
Departed Phoenix March 31, 4:43am
Arrived Memphis April 1, 11:52am ( must have had a nice drive)
Arrived Greensboro NC April 2, 10:09pm
Departed Greensboro April 3, 1:11am
Arrived Greensboro April 3, 1:40am (guess the driver came back for something he forgot).
Arrived Memphis April 3, 12:07pm (wait - it never departed Greensboro again - and if it did it went the wrong way).
NEXT it's In Transit April 6 (wait, what happened on April 4 and 5?).
Arrived Greensboro April 7, 6:10pm
Arrived Lexington April 8, 8:08am (guess it departed Greensboro).
Out for Delivery Lexington 8:19am
Delivered Lexington 12:09pm.

Well, that's actually 5 work days (sorta). First day March 30 doesn't count, and it's Saturday anyway. April 1 is Monday and everyone knows that's a Holiday. Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri are 4 days. Delivered Monday is day 5. Just have to know which days to count. And everyone knows trucks don't drive straight.

Hahaha - the saga continues. I actually blame it on Trump's Postmaster General. He's the one that made the change from 29 distribution centers to 7. I suspect UPS and FEDEX were short handed in the areas where he closed them and they got new jobs right away. The Want Ad probably said "Must have experience sorting (mixing up) and delivering (delaying ) packages. $35/hr to start. As much overtime as you can justify. Must be able to throw 50# 500ft - Equal Opportunity Employer (if you're a woman and can do that).

I shipped a package about 3 months ago from AZ to Lexington NC. Cheapest price was USPS Ground Advantage (their new competitive price method). Not shipping anything special or urgent so why not go cheap. Supposed to take 5 days. Shipped Sat. MARCH 30. Tracking shows it departed (their words) the PO at 5:38pm. Someone is working overtime.
Arrived Greensboro April 3, 1:40am (guess the driver came back for something he forgot).
Arrived Memphis April 3, 12:07pm (wait - it never departed Greensboro again - and if it did it went the wrong way).

Well, that's actually 5 work days (sorta). First day March 30 doesn't count, and it's Saturday anyway. April 1 is Monday and everyone knows that's a Holiday. Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri are 4 days. Delivered Monday is day 5. Just have to know which days to count. And everyone knows trucks don't drive straight.
America's model for efficiency. Haha
I bought something from what I thought was a US based company. Nope shipped and lost from China. Their customer service waited a month to respond to my emails by only showing me the tracking info. Not solving my problem at all. After all, I saw that same tracking info 5 weeks earlier. Bring back mom and pop shops. Bring back Brick and Morter stores. This on-line shopping is a mess. No one to get face to face and make them responsible.

I had a similar thing happen last year. The ignition coil on my Cadet 782 quit cold. I searched the internet and found twin-tower coils were screamingly expensive, then found one at a reasonable price on E-Bay, and ordered it. A week later I got an email saying my order was ready for shipment.....from France! Another later email said "in transit" then another said "awaiting customs clearance in New York". A month later I still didn't have my coil. As it turned out, I never, ever received it! I was never billed for it, either! I wound up getting a twin tower Harley Davidson coil, which worked fine.

So, you actually did your package in 5 working days...

I had a similar thing happen last year. The ignition coil on my Cadet 782 quit cold. I searched the internet and found twin-tower coils were screamingly expensive, then found one at a reasonable price on E-Bay, and ordered it. A week later I got an email saying my order was ready for shipment.....from France! Another later email said "in transit" then another said "awaiting customs clearance in New York". A month later I still didn't have my coil. As it turned out, I never, ever received it! I was never billed for it, either! I wound up getting a twin tower Harley Davidson coil, which worked fine.
I have a harley aftermarket on my K17. Its help up great for 10 years now. Much more reliable then OEM Kohler

When I lived in CT the company I worked for had a broker that worked with Customs in NY. If there is no broker it will sit in Customs forever, and then just a little bit longer. :cool:

In just this past 6 months, I’ve had FedEx deliver a package 50 miles from my house-wrong town, wrong street, wrong street #. And the driver proudly took a photo of his handiwork.

USPS received a tractor part at their distribution center and from there…it disappeared-never to be seen or heard from again. I suppose it got run over by a fork lift or something and they just threw it in trash.

In both cases, EBay stepped in and refunded me.

Latest posts

Back