• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Other Plow Days

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerickson

displayname
Glen Erickson
The Plow Day 10 page has been set up. It will be Oct 22 with the rain date of Oct 29. Please go to www.plowday.net for info and to register. Please register for a head count for food. Thanks. Gus

Glen What kind of ground is it ? Heavy black soil { like Nick Queensland of more loam type like Travis's}

Rob,
Don't worry bout it, it's all dirt in the end!
buttrock.gif

Rob,

A little while ago, Glen posted and said that it is nice heavy black Illinois dirt. Can't wait to sink the plow down into it.
thumbsup_old.gif

(Message edited by kduffy on September 28, 2005)

Rob, I wasn't at Nicks, so I couldn't tell ya about that. The owner says it will pull hard. I guess that means that folks need to leave their Hydros at home. Cause everyone knows that you plow the hardest stuff with GEAR DRIVES BABY!!!

Rob- That was GOOD Minnesota LOAM soil at Nick Q's I had no problemos plowing through it
biggrin.gif
and like Charlie said, "dirt is dirt"

I just started to mess with the yellow and white and I'm bit. I would like to know what would be a good plow to pull? I have a 1978 1200 and I have a 1962 original. If anyone can help I would be gratful. My e-mail is [email protected] thank you.
animatedIHbear.gif

Richard, a 10" Brinly sleeve hitch plow is what you want. You'll also need the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> 3 point hitch and a Brinly sleeve hitch adapter. You'll need a 3 point hitch specific for your 1200 or Original this is installed onto the tractor and left in place. The sleeve hitch adapter and plow will then fit on either tractor and are both removed after use. The sleeve hitch adapter will also allow hitching up other sleeve hitch implements like grader blades, cultivators, disc harrows, etc. FWIW you could have posted your query in the Open Forum topic.

2nd annual Ohio Fall Plow Day.
Located on the Gonya Family Farm just outside of West Independence Ohio.

Friday September 22nd.
10AM Camping setup begins.
12ish, lunch..
Dark, Night plowing

Saturday September 23rd
around 10AM, plowing begins.
we plow untill we run out of ground
later we eat... and sit around a bonfire

Sunday September 24th
12 ish, we disband for another year.

You can contact Gonya Family at [email protected] for more infomation.

Directions to 2nd annual Ohio Fall Plow Day.
From I-75 North or South, Take the US224 East Exit in Findlay, Go through Findlay then appx 10 MIles on US 224 East to West Independence Ohio, Take County Road 23 (CR23 NOT! US 23!) South appx 1/4 mile, farm is on the left, there will be a sign on US224.

Coming from the west on I-80/90, Take I-75 South, follow directions as above.

Coming from the East on I-80/90, Take the Exit off Turnpike at Fremont Ohio, Then you have two choices, Take 53 to Tiffin to US 224 and go West, or Take Ohio 12 to Fostoria to US 23 and go south. US 23 Intersects with US224, go West appx 3 miles to West Independence.

From US224 Westbound, Go to West Independence and Turn Left (South) on CR 23, you will see signs.

From US 23 North or Southbound, AT Intersection US224 Go West appx three miles to West Independence take CR23 South.

First Annual Red Power Show at Wayne County

Fairgrounds. Honesdale Pa. Sept 24 2006.

Cub Cadets Welcome.

Call Frank Lacey 570-729-7237.Vendors and Tractors needed.

Indiana Chapter 7's Fall Tillage Weekend will be held on October 7 and 8, 2006 at the Marty Thieme and Wilson Gatewood farms in
Noblesville, Indiana (Exit 10 off of I-69 north of Indianapolis). Bring all your IH
tractors and equipment for a fun weekend!

This year our challenge is to have a full mile of IH equipment. We will have over
500 acres of tillable land for you to work with your collectibles. If you wish, you can
bring your equipment early on Thursday and Friday (October 5 and 6).

There will be an area for IH Cub Cadets to plow. For more infomation go to this website:
http://www.ihcin7.org/index.html

So is there any plans in the works for a spring plow day 13... Just wonderin

Hmm, another at spring at Travis' I hope, always had a good time there.

Latest posts

Back