• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Original engine trouble

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhanes

displayname
john hanes
My 9 year old son has a original that just won't start. We have done the following to try to get it started: cleaned gas tank&Fuel bowl,rebuilt carberator,replaced points,spark plug and head gasket and changed the oil.--A while ago after all that work it ran fine but now she won't start. She even won't chug with starter fluid. We do have spark as I put the plug on the block and there is spark. There is no coil on the outside of the engine,the spark plug wire just goes back behind the engine near the fly wheel. I think but am not sure that there may be a magneto or the coil is just hiden. While trying to start sometimes it puffs gray to balck smoke. I've talked with many people and tried many things. If anyone has an idea an e-mail would be greatly appriciated [email protected]

John, here's a wiring diagram that might be helpful.

112462.jpg

John H. If you dont have a service manual for your engine, go here to get one.
www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/classic_engn_families.jsp
Click on K-series on their home page, then K-91 - K181 ang get both manuals. Maybe look at points adj, also is flywheel key partly sheared? Had a couple lawn mower engines that ran horrible because of sheared key. Good luck.

thru in the towel and pulled the engine after i got to the flywheel.took it in to service center.mech said may be stuck valve. waiting for a phone call.

john

mech put an external coil on motor,said spark was not enough. will mount to cub on a warmer day.thanks for the help.
john

Latest posts

Back