• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Older CC trans belt help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgrimes

displayname
Sam Grimes
I have a 1980's circa 1315 model CC that I inherited. Runs and cuts very good. I have to replace the main "trans " belt (the one highest up). Is there a trick or step I'm not grasping to replace it? the old one came off pretty much in pieces, so looking at how it was on there was no help. I can see where it's supposed to go around the front two pulleys, but my dilemna lies in trying to get it over the rear one. I don't see a tensioner to losen but there does appear to be an idler off to the right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

Sam,
I've never seen a 1315, but this might help. If not let us know and we'll find something to get ya up and runnin.
42927.jpg

Dumb question, I'm sure, but does the back pulley have to some off to get the belt on? I dont see any tensioners only idlers.

Thanks again!

19 is attached to #15 and the spring #14 looks like it tensions that whole mess. So I'd say if you removed the belt tension lever it would give you enough slack to put the new one on.
42931.jpg

All kiddin aside, If I were you and planned on keeping it, I'd go to Binder books and get a service manual for that puppy.

Thanks tons.
I put the two lower ones on and those were a pain. I didn't think this would be harder. At any rate, if anything else goes, I might be shopping for an off season sale (CC of course)! I gotta admit, this ole cub has held up well. This might be the first time the trans belt was ever replaced on it! I've had it for two years now and aside from the three belts and a battery, I haven't had to replace anything on it. And it tows a Cyclone Rake around in the fall.

Thanks Again!

I am having trouble attaching my snow thrower to my 1315. Anyone out there with some experience that can help?

Back