• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Now I know why we ship Fed-Ex!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I bought a bunch of wheels from Brinly-Hardy. 10 boxes total! Well 5 showed and the rest went on a little trip via California!!!
Nov 28, 2005 10:24 P.M.
CLARKSVILLE, IN, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Dec 5, 2005 11:32 P.M.
SAN PABLO, CA, US ARRIVAL SCAN

Now they say it will be another 7 days before they get back this way, LOL PUTZ'S

Charlie
Have them drop off a box as they come through Phoenix.
yummy.gif

hey Charlie they could also drop a couple boxes off at my place too on the way to your house. LOL

Hey Charlie I got all 5 boxes of mine from the Brown Guys at once.You have to be nice to them and not yell at them.
happy.gif

Charlie -

We were expecting 2 boxes at work that shipped from South Bend, IN via UPS ground. Coulda just gone to Chicago but no, their rigid hub system said it had to go to Toledo, OH first.

Charlie:

In my line of work, I get a lot of shipments. I have found in my area, that UPS has really slid down hill with their service. I have fought with them for years and have come to the conclusion, they purposely drag their feet on their ground shipments, so you can "upgrade" to a more premium service (rate) if you want something in a timely manner. Shipments here in Michigan, that were at one time, considered overnight, are now taking 2 to 3 days. As Bryan stated, the person that came of with this "hub system" must be the brain child of their service (scam). Personally, I have discovered Fed Ex Ground to be a whole lot better here. UPS, in my opinion, has become this big shipping giant, locking in Vendors and Suppliers, and now have got this attitude that they are the only shipper that matters. It is disappointing to me, when ordering parts and to inquire what shipping options are available, to hear UPS only.

rant.gif

Ship FedEx from where I am...No way...I guess it depends on the area you are in, as I have had much better service from UPS. My observance is that when FedEx bought RPS to provide a ground service to compete with UPS, they didn't merge the very different corporate cultures very well. From here FedEx Ground s-u-c-k-s...IMO...By-the-by, The US Postal Service has a very similar hub (regional and area distribution centers) system. I haven't had much problem there either. If I mail a letter to an adjoining town, it will go to a local distribution center in Lufkin (abt 60 miles away) before it comes back to the nearby town (abt 14 miles away in the same direction). If you really think about it, it seems to me, that it would really be a disorganized cluster ---- if it was done any other way.
Myron B

I heard today that UPS and Fed-ex are merging. Not sure if it was true or a rumor.

I also have horrible luck with UPS. I wrok with a guy that used to work at UPS. He told me that "FRAGILE" means "KICK ME"!!!

FED-UP?!
err.gif

Dang! Its snow'n in KC, Prolly shoulda put the blade and chains on, oh well.
pcwhack.gif

I worked for UPS in their Milan IL center pedaling packages back in 1978 between jobs at IHC. Back then they taught the drivers that "Packages are LOST until they are signed for" Even with their computerized tracking sysytem things really haven't changed much. RPS was absolutely TERRIBLE when they were around. Fed-Ex has their problems also but have burned Me the least of any delivery service and I request them a lot.

Travis
A guy i know works for UPS as a timestudy, and 'fragile' means they can't toss it more than 10 feet. seriously..
gotta wonder!

Amazon shipped to me via DHL then DHL handed it off to USPS ...

RPS HELD packages until they had "enough deliveries" on this route ...

UPS gets me deliveries here when the tracking states if not at times a day early ...

FedEx delivered a box (at least I think it was a box) a couple of years ago that I wasn't happy with ...
Here's my latest 3 day shipping with FedEx ...
41302.gif

Bring back PE ...aka PONY EXPRESS !!

I wouldn't be "bitchin" (you know I don't do "that"), I just thought it'd be nice to have my new pacemaker batteries before the old ones expire ...

If the plane gets to the terminal 1/2 hour early because of a tail wind do they make you sit on the plane for 1/2 hour so that you arrive "on time"?

The 27th I'll be in London with the ol lady and her doc appointment ... today I'm just sitting here watching the calander ...

Oh BTW Digger , the beard is gone now too ... neck is itchy !

KENtucky, we're going to need photos of a beardless you so we can see what you really look like!
happy.gif

KENtucky, umm, ya better grow the beard back, ya look like a dawg without it!

Back