• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Not very pretty . . .

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
That's what the ad said, but I read somewhere that they all have beauty. $300 for the tractor, snowblower and Sims cab looked awfully pretty to me:

263471.jpg

263472.jpg

263473.jpg

It needed a seat (of course), but I've put about 10 hours on it and kinda like it. Mowed late last night and told Jeanne I felt like I'd gone from Redneck to Suburbanite status.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Frank C. Very nice find!!! And the price makes it simply beautiful!!!
greenthumb.gif

Thanx, Marlin. I kind of feel like a traitor to Pre-1981 but from what I've read about the 1811 here and other places (OK, here using the SEARCH function) it seems to be a pretty well liked machine. The guy that put the ad in said "make an offer". When I called to check on it I told him that he must have a dollar amount in mind. He said "250,300 dollars". I told him he just sold it for $300. Sight unseen, but just 13 miles away. Trouble is, I don't know whether to dress her up or just call her "Plain Jane".
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Never neglect to answer a Make an Offer ad!
Also: Nice tagline!
happy.gif

Frank nice find ! now where are the pictures of the Sims Cab.??? I bet it would fit my 1512 ? I would love to own that !
popcorn1.gif

Frank very nice find. Buddy of mine has an 1810 that we put a cast iron rear end into as well as a k241 transplant but only because the m18 had a broken rod. The thing just mows and mows and mows. Someday we will rebuild and reinstall the m18 but for now we're installing a ported hydro pump amd hydraulic lift, mainly for the sleeve hitch. Again great find. If you decide to use the snowblower this winter I think you will like it especially inside a cab

Frank,

Welcome to the dark side of cub cadets. I really enjoy my 1711 and 1512. Both share the same frame and transmission as your 1811.

Kevin S.: Outwardly, the lift stop cam and knob look like the older ones but on this the knob bolt is smaller diameter and fine threaded. The cam evidently is recessed on the back to accept this tapered (for lack of a word) taper.

263481.jpg
happy.gif
happy.gif

My Sharpie setting works OK, except when I forget that the lift lever is on the left and speed control on the right.
bash.gif
happy.gif

Looking through the hole on Bill's 1250 lets you see some of the trunnion. Maybe to easily give it a shot of oil now and then? Could oil by the quart, here:

263482.jpg

Latest posts

Back