• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tevans

displayname
Tom Evans
I am new to this forum, and looking for a Cub Cadet to restore. I thought I would post some pictures of my other projects.

1964 Wheel Horse 654

url]

url]

url]

url]

My 310-8 and 654

url]

And my present project: A 1963 Simplicity Broadmoor.

url]

url]

Thanks for taking a look.

Tom

Welcome to the family Tom. Stop on over to the main forum and say Hi, I think a lot of guys don't look in this part very often. The best lookin Cubs to restore would be an Original or 102/122 but some of the guys just can't see the light
clappy.gif

I bet someone could hook you up with a good one to do if ya place an ad in the wanted section.

Tom H.- nice work on the WH 654. are those holes in the front rims of the 654 for wheel weights? factory maybe? never seen holes on any cubbies ever like that.Humfff! Welcome to the forum,Tom! one of our sponcers,MR. Chris Westfall always has good cubbies looking for a good home, as well as others.

Tom, welcome to the group. Love those round hood horses. I just traded a suburban 400 for my newest cub (1964 model 70). I think that is the most awesome workshop I have ever seen.
Tim Keefe

Thanks for the welcome, and the information. I plan on browsing around the forum for awhile and get an idea of what is out there and what I would like to work on.I think there is a lot of good information and ideas here.

As to the holes in the front wheels; you can mount front wheel weights, and some people do.
The early Wheel Horse's had mid-mounted motors (1955-61) and the front tires would be loaded to get some weight to the front.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Tom

Allen, in this case I just reposted some stuff from the archives.
happy.gif
The wheel weight photo was posted by:

Brian Kunzog (Bkunzog) on Sunday, June 11, 2000 - 01:45 pm

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Thanks guys for all the comments on my unidentified front wheel weights. WADE - I tried your idea. Duct tape works great!<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

The Red Green photo and quote were posted by the Forum founder Bob Necker aka : The 'Rev' Savior of Cub Cadets (Bnecker) on Sunday, June 11, 2000 - 05:13 pm

Tom E.,
I'm glad you're looking to add a Cub to your collection. I remember seeing those pictures over on RS. Myself, I like the looks of my recently acquired 122 - but the 100 looks are cool also. I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers here, but there isn't much out there that can match the looks of the round hood Wheel Horses.

Tom E. Welcome !!! Nice looking Toro. I am sure you'll love the looks of a Restored 122 or 102. From what I see, you'll do a wonderful job restoring any Cub Cadet. If and when you get one make sure you post lotsa pictures, we like pics!

Terry Reed, everyone has their favorites, mine is the one that runs...hmmm, even the front wheel weights would work for me. Well I am a bit partial to my 122. But I like the looks of several, maybe even a Green one, ah maybe I didn't say that - I kinda sounded like Art for a second. I even had a Toro with a 16HP Kohler in my garage last summer, it was a beast! Now my wife likes the look of the new shiny ones at Home Depot...so I need to work on painting more of my Cubs.

Vincent,
I hear ya on everyone having favorites. And I agree also about "the favorite being one that runs".

As for the Home Depot or Lowes.....I'm sure you have tried to educate the wife on looks versus durability and reliability. My wife doesn't understand why I would trade a running off-brand for two non-running Cubs.

T-Mo: It was those two none running Cubs you posted on RS that that got me thinking of restoring a Cub Cadet. No if's, just when.

Tom

Latest posts

Back