Model Trucks

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcoleman

displayname
Glen M. Coleman
This is one of my other hobbies, besides finishin the cub up. This is merely one of my trucks, they are all 1:16 scale, and aren't stock at all.
This first one is a mack granite lowboy from Bruder. It used to be a bare bones truck, i added aluminum stacks, mirror antennas, rookie poles, a toolbox, decals, air hoses, painted the wheels, painted its trailer, and a heavy duty air cleaner,dummy axle, etc. (Older pics, I'll post more current ones when the weathers nice enough.)
81261.jpg

81262.jpg

81263.jpg

81264.jpg

81265.jpg

81266.jpg

81267.jpg

Brian L.
Long bright colors sticks that stick up at the edge of the bumper. They use them for those GOOFS that go to truck driving school for 6 weeks and think they are truck drivers!
biggrin.gif

They are also good for pushin snow with those Myer type front blades.

Thats exactly what i use em for(the plowin that is, i dint need em in a truck, lol) They can be chrome with orange lights at the ends of em too, if you like flashy stuff like that.

yea but rookie poles r nice sumtimes n a 379 pete or a freightliner classic.nice granite glen never drove one but spent sum time in old r models.

Thank you, and exactly like that firetrucks bumper. I like the 70's era petes/ kwhoppers myself, and those, plus the painted wheels, really add that smoky and the bandit feel. I am partial to the mack B series myself. To me, they are the 57 chevy of the semi world

I built an early 70's vintage Pete tilt-cab complete with a 318 Detroit for power and a CHROME tank trailer when I was about a Junior/Senior in HS. It didn't look too bad from 2-3 feet away.
It seemed neat until I actually drove something powered with a 318 about 10 yrs later. That sure made Me appreciate Cummins power.

Ok, finally, here is the truck in its current state (as a bobtail)
81331.jpg

81332.jpg

81333.jpg

81334.jpg

81335.jpg

81336.jpg

81337.jpg

81338.jpg

Say, Wyatt, is that fire truck European, American, or Australian, or anything else??

Glen-
It's domestic. Some fire department are getting ahead of NFPA requirements on visibility. Starting in 2009 I believe it will be a manditory.

Glen-
That truck in particular is a Crimson Fire Aerial mounted on a Spartan Gladiator Evolution chassis.

Since we're on the subject, does any company out there have a fire service model on a Spartan chassis? Since most of Chicago's engines are on a Spartan now I would have figured Code3 would have started making them, but they're still putting out "new" models on the old HME chassis.

Latest posts

Back