• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Mini (1.5 acre) plow/play in the dirt get together Earlville, IA

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Have a chance for a very short notice get together/swap/visit/laugh 'n' sratch/plow/disc/play in the dirt day or 1/2 day whatever Ya want to call it here just west of town. Good friend of mine has a 1.5 acre plot that has been in corn last 2 years and he plans on seeding it down.

Said if I wanna plow and scour up my shares to knock myself out! So, I am putting out the word for a little help here if anyone in the local area wants a chance to break dirt to come on over.

As mentioned , this will be a very short, I'm hoping for a week notice thing, that depends entirely on the weather and ground conditions. It's flat ground but rather low.Sure won't rival Buck Creek in any way, shape or form!! We'll have the coffee pot on and try to rustle up a few soft drinks and cookies etc.

Let me know if this trips anyones sleeve hitch, OK??

I'm for sure interested (of course!)
Keep us updated as it gets closer!

Today I put new Tri-ribs and 1" spindles on the "148" plowin' machine after finally retrieving it from the shed @ the Buck Creek plow site!
I'd love to see some parts for sale, my inventory is gone!

I like coffee and I like to plow, too David!
wink.gif

OK Gang! It's on for April 19th.
No rain date.
I know it's the day before Easter, but that's the best I could do.
Limited parking but there is room for more 1 block east of the site by the ball grounds. You will just have to drive about a block down the shoulder of the Co hiway, no biggie.

Would like to get going about 8:30 or so.
Coffee and soft drinks provided and maybe I can get Carolyn and Granddaughters to whip up some cookies or brownies, no promises on that though!

I'll have "Casey" on display!!

Exit 285 off US 20 freeway, down the hill (north), thru town to flashing red light. Turn left (west). Site is about 1/4-1/2 mile on right just beyond feed store. NO PARKING ON ROAD SHOULDER! It's TOO NARROW!
Thanks!
Dave Schwandt
563-581-3005

Well I walked the site today and if we don't get a whole lot of rain I think we are good to go Sat AM. At least as of right now conditions would be suitable as we have gotten a lot of wind the last few days and that really has dried things out.

I'll check back in tomorrow nite and we can all collectively cross our fingers in hopes that the 20% chance of showers for cast for Friday will happen in another part of the state.

Never could figure out from the weather guessers if they mean 20% chance in 100% of the state or 100% chance in 20% of the state!

Would appreciate a show of moldboards how many folks think they might show up. Thanks!

They took the rain out of the forecast for Friday and they are calling for upper 60's-lower 70's on Sat!! We are good to go!!

Have one fellow lined up w/a small mini dozer so far.

David S.
So if 2 tractors show up besides yourself, what ya gonna do after the 30 minutes it's gonna take ya to turn 1.5 acres?
biggrin.gif

Well, I could play w/the disc, or cultivator or maybe the rear blade or just stand around a shoot the bull and drink coffee I guess!!

So far, it's just gonna be me and my two sons I guess!!

Well good news, I think!! the size of our plow plot just tripled! Talked to the next door neighbor whose ground abuts the site we are gonna do and he said his was about 2 acres. 2 plots actually with a shallow waterway between. He's going to mow the corn stalks on the one plot and the other was disc last fall so should be a piece of cake!

Hope to have some help, weather sounds excellent
Give me a call!
563-581-3005

Such little tractors, so much ground to turn. My heart bleeds. Have a great day tomorrow - some of us can't even think of turning ground right now.

Well, everything went well yesterday with the plowing. We had 5 units plowing. 2 782's, our 1200 and 1450 AND.....A 1942 Agracat!!!

Will post links to a few video clips as soon as they are up on U-Tube.

We got started around 8:30 or so, did the 1st field and then moved across the fence to the 1st of the adjoining plots and were finished up about noon. We did not do the 3rd plot as it was kind of wet next to the waterway and we were struggling to finish the last of that one due to the wet and heavy soil. Was a great day, everyone had fun and no one broke anything, at least that I know of. Many thanks to the 3 folks that showed up, one having come about 60 miles from Cedar Rapids.

Here's the little Cat in action pulling what must have been at least a 14" unit.

285631.jpg

285632.jpg

I have a few more of the others but am having a devil of a time getting them resized. For some reason my 'puter refuses to allow me to send them to myself
Later.....

Tks for sharing David, I would love to attend one of those events.

Here's a few more pictures from yesterday
1st up is "Casey" sitin' all Purdy ready ta watch the gang get dirty!
285643.jpg

I'm bringing up the rear w/the disc looking for rocks!
285644.jpg

Here's Rick Lange pullin' a 12" through the heavy ground w/no problem with his nice 782. We did dredge up a few rocks though!
285645.jpg

Here's a couple shots of the line-up....
The Cat in front followed by Rick and my 2 boys on the 1450 & 1200 followed by John Kneutneh on his newly restored 782 plowing for the 1st time.
285646.jpg

I'm bringing up the rear w/the disc and looking for rocks!!
285647.jpg

Latest posts

Back