• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Looking for a Sears/Craftsman Guru

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgreenly

displayname
Ron Greenly
Ok guys AND gals....just aquired a machine i am not familiar with at all. Can anyone tell me anything about a Sears/Craftsman model FF20? I researched this THING online and found very little(don't know if that's good or bad). What i found and know so far is ....they made it for 2 or 3 yrs only,'82 to '84 i think....it has a 20hp twin cyl Onan...Hydro with a hi-n-lo range...it has hydraulic lift wit a 3pt hitch and the bottom lift arms are missing...it does have bigger tires than i'm used to, rears are 26x12x12 and frts are 18x8.50x8. It does not have power steering. Don't know if it's collectible or junk material. TIA for any input

Ron}}}

Bill J.- Thanks for the email and links! Hopefully it will give me enough info to decide what to do with this monster. Waiting for the weather to cooperate to see if engine is any good.

Allen S.- I kinda had the same response when i got it. It seems to be built like a tank. All i know is it seems to be a rare machine.

Update on the "monster" Sears...Took a lil time yesterday and opened the hood. The engine turns over by hand and seems to have some compression,atleast i know it's not locked up. Hooked up the battery charger and found that the starter spins but doesn't engage. Electric PTO clutch "clicks" so that was a good sign. Still not sure what i'm gonna do with this beast but things so far are looking favorable to hanging on it to it for a little while. Of course there's the old saying..."If somebody comes along that likes it better than i do and the $$$ is right" , well you know the rest. Gonna try to get some pics and post them. Maybe it will help with some input on what to do with it.

A little blurry:

285400.jpg
A $4500 tractor when new.
happy.gif

Thanks Frank..I did find that pic online a few days ago. I figured if i can get and post a couple pics of the 1 i have everybody can see the condition of it and maybe give me an opinion on what i should do with it.

Latest posts

Back