• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Largest battery that will fit in a 782D

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mames

displayname
Mark Ames
I need to replace my battery on my 782D I am looking for the largest amperage battery that will fit. I saw awhile back on this website a picture of a gell cell batery (The ones that look like six round batteries attached together)that was shoehorned into a 782D it was very close to the dash. Ive been searching the archive for over an hour and cannot find it. Any help please.

Mark, Try a search for "Optima" brand batteries, they are the premier maker of the gel batteries styled like that. Is your battery a group 22 in the 782D? It will say that on the label somewhere. Match that and you will find what you need.

PS> The 782D also had grounding issues from the factory; later a service letter was issued that did this: Run a cable from the battery (-) terminal directly to the engine itself as the grounding capability is compromised by going through the frame. Doing this drastically improves the starting of these models. Hope this helps!
Jim

Latest posts

Back