• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

History, and keeping your priorities in order

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csanderson

displayname
Curtis Sanderson
The history- In 1957, to celebrate the 50th aniversary of the statehood of Oklahoma, the city of Tulsa made a time capsule and buried it on the grounds of the city hall. It was rather large and besides the usual sealed stuff, they added a brand new 1957 Plymouth Belvadere.
We,, today, to celebrate the centenial of Ok.'s statehood, they dug it up. Car wasn't in too good of shape, lots of rust,flat tires and other neglect. The sealed capsule fared much better, so everyone was happy.
Priorities in order part- The case of Schlitz beer in the trunk was declared in good shape!

Ebay Forsale:
1 Large hole big enough to bury a car
1 factory fresh 1959 Ply Belvadere
24 empty 1959 Schiltz tin beer cans

In the interest of accurate journalism,(oxymoron?) The national news reported it as one can of Schlitz. I prefer the local Oklahoma news report that called it a case. Apperantly, when they put it in the ground, they had a lottery of sorts where the person that chose the population for 2007, and came closest, wins the car.(or their descendents) Winner to be announced next week.
Also said there was a 5 gal. can of gas in the trunk. After 50 years, the gas probably tastes better then the beer.

After drinking Schlitz I'd prefer the varnished gas. My great uncle worked for Schlitz in the L.A. area and he didn't drink it as much as other brands.

Latest posts

Back