• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Having a "not so good" day

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
I was doing a load of clothes this morning and the washing machine decides to go on the blink right after the rinse but before the ring cycle. I had to hand ring all of the clothes before hanging them out as I always do.

Then...I come into the kitchen to start preparing something to eat and the frig is out. The frozen foods are about half thawed. Fortunately I have a backup frig in the basement as well as a chest freezer so things could be worse. I do have to go outside to get to the basement so that will be fun until a new frig gets here.

Yep...I'm having a wonderful day.

Wayne, I think we've all been there once or twice.. it'll get better! LOL..

(ps) I'm glad it isn't me tho'.. rofl!

Sucks to be you, don't it? Try this one on for size (you opened the thread).
My Mom's in a dementia/Alzheimer situation. My brother has MS.
Count your blessings.

Wayne...
More than likely it is a broken roll pin on the shaft that the motor has on it.BTDT

Wayne,

I feel for ya!
I feel like I am having a bad month! or two. Seems like everything I have has some sort of problem. Every time I turn around, something needs fixing.
We should be happy though, i'm sure there are thousands who are having it worse!
smile.gif

Well, the good news is the washer didn't rinse or ring well so after I got the clothes hung out it started raining and stayed raining the rest of the day.

They're rinsed now!

Wayne: I feel for you. It's raining here too. It seems like appliances like to break down at the same time; perhaps it is because we typically buy them at the same time and the units are all designed for similar life-spans.

Wayne, sorry to hear about the various appliance break downs. I've been having a serious of exhaust system failures on my two older vehicles as well as brakes and belt issues. I think I've spent about $1,500 on the two in the past two months. But like Frank implied and Marty mentioned, some are having a worse go of things...

This seemed like a appropriate place to post this.
Yesterday when I got to work a van had been towed in over the weekend. I had worked on it a couple months earlier. The customer wanted me to get it to run so he could sell it. At that time I told him it needed a choke, but he declined the repair.
Now it was back because it wouldn't start.I went out and tried start it but because of the stuck open choke no go. I shot some brake cleaner in carb. and got it running. I left it Idling to warm up so I could move it. I went to look up a choke for, came back out about 15 minute later and smoke was pouring out it. Two full fire extinguisher later and garden hose it was finally out just in time for the fire dept. to arrive and mop up the mess.
293830.jpg

293831.jpg

293832.jpg

At least he doesn't have to worry about selling it anymore, as your shop's insurance just bought it. That sucks man. How did the owner take the phone call and look of his newly tinted windows?
Did you figure out what started the fire? Backfire, or something on the exhaust? Bad wiring to said choke?

I guess you can look at it this way. Atleast it happened at your shop while parked. Coulda happen with the owner driving down the road........
a_blink2.gif

I have no idea how the fire started. When I called the cust. she said "it's never caught on fire before" no sh#t lady. pretty much implying I had done some wrong. As far as catching fire driving down the road that would suck, but I wish it had caught fire on someone else as I'm looking at paying a $500.00 - $1000.00 deductible

Doug B - I probably shouldn't say this, ya I probably shouldn't - doesn't the customer have to at least pay a few hours shop time? I mean, heck, you did work on it.
Now - if I was the customer I'd be hard pressed to pay something.
I suppose maybe it goes on the itemized bill, assuming your insurance company pays you and you pay the customer.
One final question tho - do you get the scrap van? Seems like it should be yours to me.

Insurance company now has control over the vehicle since there has been a claim made against it. Learned that many years ago.

Well, the washing machine was an easy fix (clogged pump) and Damon, my high school buddy's son found me a much nicer frig. I had actually forgotten about this thread since it's been about a year and a half now.

Frank, I agree...compared to some I have NO problems at all.

As for the insurance provider of the shop/van, they usually will let the insured keep the vehicle involved for just a song. They don't want to deal with it. I had a Bronco 2 get totaled due to just body damage and I kept it for $200 less on pay out.

Now, this probably belongs elsewhere but so far this winter I've lost my best friend/college room mate/guitar partner Doug (56 years old) when he was hit by a car while trying to cross a major highway in Florida AND my landlady of 99 years who I have known for over 30 years died. We were already planning her 100th for this coming July. Doug died the 21st of December and Mrs. Ivey died the 21st of January. Irony?? I'm now looking forward to Feb. 22 without incident.

Wayne, my condolences on the loss of both your friend and your landlady.
sad.gif

I ended up last night not having a good evening so I picked this thread up again to hopefully give some a laugh. I had a few cocktails and right at dusk I remembered I hadn't gotten any cherry tomatoes for my salad so to the garden I go. I could just make out the ripe ones. I was on the 3rd plant and my feet/ankles started burning. I was only wearing dockside type loafers and immediately realized I'd stepped right on a fire ant hill. That's when the dancing started. I guess I had a couple dozen total and both feet were involved. The shoes went flying and I tried rubbing both feet in grass.

They weren't as bad as I thought they would be. I came in and washed both feet and in twenty minutes it was all over. And up until last night I had never been bitten by a fire ant. From all I have ever heard I figured an attack would be must worse than it actually was.

I had some of that granular ant control on hand so I went back out and applied some afterwards.

Latest posts

Back