• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

GT2523

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgenereux

displayname
Everett Genereux
Why does my GT2523 with 54 inch deck keep throwing deck belt. then bely is shot.

Why does my GT2523 with 54 inch deck keep throwing deck belt. then bely is shot.
Everett, 3 questions come to mind,right size belt ? or missing a belt guard?or a pulley bent off at an angle?.. It doesn't take much of a stick to bend a pulley mount,if you're looking across deck seeing a different angled pulley is not right ... You have some kind of spring tensioner on belt to check as well...literally just fixed one with bent idler mount so belt was running right on the edge of pulley and would pop off often given any slack at all..

As far as belt guard diagram show only one (1) belt guard. No it is not a Cub Belt it is after market . I will pull deck off again and check deck pulleys and Idlers.
Not happy with design of deck with wheels out in front and swivel ,seem to dig in a lot.

Thanks for Ideas

For GT2523 assuming Model13A-2A8K710:

54" Deck belt is 114.2" Long-part number 754-04047 superseded to 954-04137B. PTO belt is 111.4" Long-part number 754-04055 superseded to 954-04055.

Everett, I 'm not fond of that front swivel wheel either,I've seen quite a few broken/bent ones. Some mfg belts are not the same as aftermarket...some are thinner,some are wider so they don't ride in pulley correctly..It's a game mfg play to make you use their belt...

Latest posts

Back