• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Ford 9n?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acasteel

displayname
Anthony Casteel
So i was looking in the trader and came across a ford 9-n and it said call for price. So i called and he had told me about it. He wants $1500 It was made the 6th month of the first year. So its a low number. It has an alum. Dash and grill and hes not shure if its a steel hood or alum. hood.

It has a sherman transmission but it sounds like it needs new shifting forks.

Does that sound like a good deal?

I know i dont have $1500 but i could try and talk him down to $700. I dont know if me being in high school and using the tractor as my F.F.A. yearly project would help but i hear that it does

Does anyone know what the difference is between an 8-n and a 9-n

i have worked on 8-ns before so i am familiar with them

And what year did the 9-n come out?

Thanks guys,

Anthony

51075.jpg

P.S. Thats not the one ; ]

http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/

That'll tell ya what you need to know.
Now for some good info... Massey Ferguson TO30's are way far better tractors but for some reason that don't sell as good as the ferds. I guess ppl don't like better PTO's , better lifts , or overhead valves
dunno.gif

Yeah for some odd reason i never cared for masseys to much sad to say..........Bt they are great tractors!

Yeah im not looking for a work tractor!
We just got another one last night
51081.jpg

just one i can do for my ag project. Get it running and paint it.

Anthony - now you finally have something worth owning !
happy.gif
Send me a bunch of pics of it if ya don't care.

Anthony,
The 9N came out in 1939 and was made until early 1942 if I remember right. The 2N came out then and did not have all the aluminum on it since the government needed it for the war. Depending on what year 8N you are comparing to, the only difference is the front hubs and rear axle hubs. The 8N's were made to put car rims on the front and the rear hubs had a smaller bolt pattern. In 1950, the 8N's went to a side distributor instead of the one down front.

Hey Wes thanks alot! I decided im not going to buy it....or anyother tractor for that matter any time soon. I just have too much going on and the way i am is i will get something and say "oh yeah! Dont worry about that! Ill get to it!" And i just let it sit and rot

Hey ken,

I tryed to email you some pics of that tractor. Well since hotmail sucks i cant send any so i am going to post it in the of topic tractor section

Back