• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Echo Power Blower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klejeune

displayname
Keith LeJeune
I inherited an Echo PB-1000 Power Blower. It's an old model (pre 1994 I believe) without a primer bulb built into the carburator. I downloaded all the manuals from Echo-USA.com but the user manual only has the proper starting instructions for the later models with the primer bulb. What is the proper starting instructions for one without?

This was sitting for some time with old gas mix in it. I pulled it out from under a pile of junk and proceeded to choke, pull.. pull..pull.. cough cough, remove choke and pull.. pull and it tried to start. A couple more times of this procedure and it ran and idled pretty well. I got it home and got some new mix, which my local service center suggested the Stihl synth blend mix. Starts and idles better. I got a new plug last night, but haven't tried it yet today. I will at lunch.

How should I go about cleaning out the engine? I've seen some decarbonizer marketed by Stihl and some by Blaster, the makers of PB Blaster. What works for you?

Anyway, I've been wanting/needing a gas blower for a while now so this will work for me. I just wish I didn't get it the way I did. I miss my cousin...

I should have taken a before and after shot. I used some Purple Power on the outside today, wow! what a difference. Almost looks new now. I need to get a fuel screen and air filter soon, that may help. It starts much quicker now with the new plug. I was at Wal-Mart and just got the EZ Start Champion plug they had there last night.

I was looking for a discussion on here a while back that the topic was string trimmers. There was an Echo technician explaining the finer points of Echo, but I couldn't find it last night. I was hoping he might see this and point out anything I could do to help this blower along.

Keith

Thanks Kraig. I did a broad search for "string trimmer" and it didn't turn up anything.

Keith; I have a stihl blower that was running very bad and i put some Gumout carb cleaner in the gasoline,(2 oz per tank of gas) and ran it hard for 30 minutes and it runs fine now.

I took out the air filter and soaked it in gasoline to clean it up a bit. Runs and idles better now. I haven't had a chance to make it over to the service center to get a fuel strainer or new air filter yet. There's only one Echo dealer in town and it's a few miles out of my way. (so is my Cub Cadet dealer, but I make an exception for that)

Luther,
I'll try some carb cleaner in the gas, or could I just spray some in the air intake and let it soak for a minute and then start to free up some of the gumming? Or would that wash down the piston and cause scoring?

Keith; I think that would wash the oil off the piston. I just be sure i have plenty oil in the gas then spray it into the gas tank, Then run it hard for a while. Luther

Back