• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dust cover over points on Model 76 Cadet

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gparobeck

displayname
Gary Parobeck
I have replaced the Alternator/Stator on my Spirit of 76 cadet. It is a new style Stator and I had to grind the casting to allow clearance for the change in the wire guide position. This was done per the instructions that came with the new stator. My question is about the aluminum cover that fits over the points and condenser. I will have to notch it to allow it to fit with the new stator. The question is do I actually need to cut and install the cover or can I leave it off?

Gary P: It will run for a while with out it, b-u-t , that cover is a dirt/dust/moisture barrier. My recommendation is to keep it and if you "notch" it try to patch it, if necessary, to maintain the barrier effect.

I haven't had to do that change-out on my SO76 but I would try to maintain that points cover if it were mine.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Myron,
Thanks I figured that would be the answer but it is good to get feed back.

I have the wiring diagram and it appears my Cadet is properly wired. Per everything I see the wire going to the stater is always hot. Is this true?

I have most recently been restoring old Willys Jeeps, small engines are new to me.

Gary

Back