• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

DST Patch

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbedell

displayname
Roland Bedell
There is this buzz on the TV about the new Start Time for Daylight Savings Time. It is reported that those using a Microsoft Product have a "patch" to fix your current OS. I have been to Microsoft's site and I am thoroughly confused on what to D/L. Can someone chime in and advise on what the average PC with XP needs to fix this DST problem..??

Roland:
1: Do you know what Service Pack?
2: Do you allow your PC to do all of the Security updates (Windows Update) automatically?
Microsoft issued the DST patch to the currently supported level of XP (SP2) through Windows Update...

Back to the trenches

Kendell:

I have kept up with all the updates. I didn't realize that this patch was part of that. I just recently heard about this on TV and the way "they" made it sound, one had to go and D/L this special fix.

I may already have this but just didn't know.

Thanks Kendall...

Good link, Bill.
For those with Windows XP, SP2 who use Windows Update, a couple of quick checks can tell you if you've gotten the time zone update..
1: Using Control Panel, go to Add/Remove Programs, check the box at the top for "Show Updates", let it grind out the list and then look for the entry "Update for Windows XP (KB931836)". This is the Time Zone update.
2: You can also check in the Windows folder for a file "$NtUninstallKB931836$" which you might not be able to see, depending on configuration of your system..
For those without current<u> supported</u> versions of XP or Windows 2000 (XPSP2 or Win2K SP4), be sure to send your appreciation to Microsoft for their social responsibility(- hey, it's just a marketing thing - right?) in not providing a patch for your version of their software.(You'll love using TZedit.exe..). You might also send a note of appreciation on to Washington for a well thought out, well planned change, so we can all get up and milk the cows earlier.

Sorry to take a while to respond, Roland, spent most of the last three days in our EEOC, helping coordinate the repair the damage caused by some script kiddy's IRCbot that got loose in a bigggg network. (Our Novell/'Nix guys have been snickering up their sleeves most of that time)

Kendell & Bill:

Thanks for the info. I checked my D/L Update list and I have that patch.
thumbsup.gif

Here we go again, it must have been a slow news day.
The Media reported this "sky is falling" story without giving all the facts.

irritated.gif

Geez Richard...

You are sure on a role to rub it in, this week...now aren't ya....???
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back