• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Down Under restro of a 1572

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess there was an internet problem yesterday. John's pic was supposed to come thru like this
317916.jpg

John - yes please get rid of that green paint. JD green is considered sacrilege.

John-

Neat pic with the birds. And I'd like to know what breed they are myself. They look like Kingfishers which is a common water loving bird here in the southern USA.

The hood color is a problem here on our wonderful popular IH cub forum. Red is vaguely acceptable but yellow and white are the preferred colors. This may sound like we Americans are generally just crazy but we are big with colors. This forum deals mainly with yellow and white but green is completely unacceptable. You will receive better advice once that green portion/hood is done away with.

I still think Australia is a cool country and I'm glad to see there are cubs alive down under.

G'day Mates,
OK, I get it, the green is going!
Yes Kookaburras are part of the Kingfisher family.
Having lived here for 47 years this is the 4th generation. Lovely social birds. Its a family of five and they have recently had babies which are still in the dead tree hollow nest. I know there are babies because the whole family comes for food and takes it straight back to the nest. When the babies finally leave the nest the adults will fly with food close to them but far enough away to entice them to fly over.
317928.jpg

John,

Have those birds been tamed?
You can't get a wild bird to come even close to someone in this area, much less land on you and look at you!
That's cool!
There is an off topic thread on this site for those "green" nuts.
lol.gif

John-

I agree with Marty...those birds are definitely cool! I went to wikipedia and they have a recording of the bird and we have nothing to compare here. We do have mockingbirds that will perch in the highest point of a tree on a summer day and sing for hours without repeating a call or song. I have one here that I ironically call Charlie (no connection...but just as loud).

Tell us more about your outdoor aviary and thanks for the pics.

And don't worry too much about the green hood. I'd get the mechanicals in good shape first then worry about the looks.

Bloody Hell Mates, I got so paranoid about the green I prioritised it over mechanicals and now I'm reading "don't worry about it" too late!!
SO tell me guys
1. the white paint to use.
2. how to take off and replace the Cub Cadet logos?

John-

Calm down now mate. I said I wouldn't worry about the green immediately and get the tractor functional first. THEN I would make the hood a nice, matching yellow. The decals can be ordered online after the paint has cured.

Taking off the script logos on the sides is easy. Take a hand hair drier and heat up the back side under the hood and they will peel right off.

John - glad to see you're gonna change the green hood paint. It is really bothersome, but as Wayne really said it's more important to make sure the mechanicals are all good first.

When you do get to the painting you should use IH 935 White - and the next question is "where do you get it"? Well, Charlie has it at CC Specialties (at the colorful boxes above), but there is that shipping issue half way round the world so - I suppose you might be able to order it at one of your Case/IH dealers I posted a list of before. From Case/IH it's called Iron Gard Enamel, spray cans Part No.991115N. I don't know if you'll want a quart can which is Part No.991116R1. Worst case so it ain't green anymore that make us sorta sick, just get some off white with a sorta light almond tint.

John-
In the Cub Cadet Corporation (CCC) days they switched the paint colors around and didn't adhere to the strict "935 White" and "Federal Yellow" that IH would have stuck to. The CCC white is almost more of an almond color and the yellow has a bit darker pigment to it. Like Harry said, you can find it at a CaseIH (Case New Holland / Fiat) dealership, but you may also find it at your local Komatsu dealer that would still service the Hough/IH/Dresser legacy brands. With the strong IH following for anything built in Geelong (I'd like an A554 myself!) I'd hope it wouldn't be much work to come up with.

That being said, I don't know why something off the shelf from Bunnings wouldn't also be a spot-on match either. (plus a 1572 looks right at home being IH red too!).

John - none of your pics show having the side panels for your 1572. Do you have them?

Back