• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub owners in the UK

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsergeant

displayname
John Sergeant
I have 4 I H cub cadets 2 originals and 2 1964 a 70 and a 100hp .I live in Northfield Birmingham UK tel 01214752595

Welcome John! You should post this in the main forum! It's good to hear from others around the world!

John Welcome to the best cub forum there is.

Are there any other cub owners around you and how about a picture.

welcome again

Welcome John-

I agree with Jeff about the pics. I especially want to se a 100hp cub (I know you probably meant a cc 100).

John, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif
I recall one other member from the UK, a gentleman named Robin Howe. He has not logged in for quite some time. Here's a link to his profile page:

Robin's Profile

Hi Sorry about the 100hp it would be good though bags of power. I have done the 70 one now and just starting the 100 all I need is the decals for them and lights if any one has any please email [email protected]

Even though these probably belong in the main forum I'm going to post them here. In any case here are some photos from John of his Cub Cadets:

233286.jpg

233287.jpg

233288.jpg

233289.jpg

233290.jpg

233291.jpg

233292.jpg

233293.jpg

233294.jpg

233295.jpg

233296.jpg

233297.jpg

I would like to more about that muffler pointing up and I must say that snow blade may need a little help.

very nice finished cub....

Forgive my ignorance, since I'm not familiar with the early Cubs, I notice that the one model's fenders seem to cover the front of the tire, but leave the rear open; while the other model's fenders seem to be tilted more to the rear and leave the front of the tire exposed. Is this correct? Are the fenders configured differently between the Model 70 and the Model 100? I thought they were the same vintage?

I also notice that (1) one of the tractors that hasn't been restored has fenders that are in pretty bad shape (the tractor is in pretty bad shape, actually) (2) the restored Model 70 doesn't have its fenders.
smile.gif

It looks to me that the one set of fenders that are open to the front are just mounted backwards on the tractor. Remove the pair and turn'em 180 degrees.

Mike has it correct, the one set is backwards and I might add mounted closer in. BTW, yes I know that the 70 used a narrower bracket set for the fenders than did the 100 (Thanks to Paul Bell for that bit of info on the 70 vs 100 fender brackets he posted a while back). However, the fenders are mounted even closer in than those brackets would mount them. Looks like the wheels on that one are reversed for a narrow track as well. The bent up fenders on the Original are either home made or adapted from something else.

Back