• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub lo-boy 154 running issues

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfejedelem

displayname
James Fejedelem
I just bought a 154 and the problem I am having with it is when I am cutting grass in 1st, or 2nd it will run fine then every 20 feet or so it will bough down, if I idle it down or pust in the clutch it will smooth out and run fine again for another 20 feet. Thanks for any info Jimmy

James F: Sounds like a governor issue to me...Could be time to replace that little ole thrust bearing...and lube the innerds. When the engine comes under a load the governor should kick in, but that isn't happening according to your description.

I hope you also purchased the Operators, Service & Parts manuals with the tractor. You will need them. I did, and still do, for my 154.

When you get your Operator's Manual, please pay especial attention to Items 10 & 17 of the Lubrication Guide. Most owners never figured out that these <u>must</u> be greased and according to the schedule. The whole PTO can cost nearly $1000.00 to replace all new....BTDT...all for the want of a little grease in those PTO shaft needle bearings ..... Same on the distributor shaft....but not quite as costly.

Click on the Binder Books sponsor's box at the top of the page and you can order those manuals. NOTE: Each contains information NOT found in the others.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Well thanks for the governor advice, I pulled it apart and found slop in the roll pin. I also bought all 3 manuals from binder. The governor didnt take care of the problem, niether did the carb kit, points and condensor, or the cap and rotor. What I found that seemed to fix the problem was a couple of the valves didnt have enough clearence. But I am a little lost on lubing the clutch, any advice? Thanks again for the help, this web site is great.

94921.jpg
Another toy to (play) work with.

Latest posts

Back