• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Chevy 350 Intake

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some updates on my favorite pos. Were finally getting close to the reassembly part. LOL

Dang quick fitting broke, had to pick the old one out and chase the threads.
56397.jpg

56398.jpg

56399.jpg

I've got to get this thing done before my birthday party! Got to have a place to set up the keg.
err.gif

This is after I chipped out the carbon build up. Center runner
56403.jpg

56404.jpg

Finally ready to reassemble. I hope I can remember where all this stuff goes. LOL

56782.jpg

56783.jpg

The old green stuff will oxidize aluminum too, probably gasket was going bad.
56784.jpg

Brian, looks good! Ah, but does it run? Sorry couldn't resist that.
happy.gif

Does it run.
rant.gif
Of course it runs.
lol.gif

I was a little worried about the timing but I had rolled the motor over to line up with the throttle brkt and ran a sharpie down the distrubuter to line it all back up. Put it back together and fired right off with out any issues.
Shift.gif

You look like you need another project like this, How about a rattling FORD 300 inline six? You can take care of the intkake and I'll work on the valve train?
bouncy.gif
err.gif

No, thanks, I'm good.
err.gif
Earl, that 300 isn't too bad, what about an hour to have the whole top end pulled apart? You can drive the 'new' truck while you work on the old one, right?
lol.gif

I'm thinking I'm going to turn my guns around on this.

58740.jpg

Long time between computer visits. I'm driving the other right now. Brakes on the 150 are soft and no leaks. Mastercylinder? Not sure. Hafta take it in to have a creak in my right front checked out, got work done up there and have them check their work. Gonna attempt my oilpan on the other truck. No garage, or paved driveway, will be fun.

Being a hard core Dodge man I can honestly say I know my truck and both cars inside out and backwards. I built the truck and rebuilt the other two. The truck was a cake walk the mid 80's Dodges were Very simple.
As for the Fo.. old Henry did manage to circle his mistakes.

Latest posts

Back