• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CCC 1330 No Spark, 1st time owner

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdepto

displayname
Walter Depto
1st time owner...would love to find a Repair Manuel as I am having difficulty with the previous owner as he seems to have been some one who liked to eliminate wires..So far the seat switch is gone with one yellow taped with duct tape.

The issue I am working on first is the no spark. I have removed and cleaned the coil(had very little surface rust). Reinstalling gaping with a business card. The one wire that comes from the harness to the coil(white) is not energised at any time. I am not sure if it is supposed to be or not. The oil level is full as I read to check as there may be a sensor that would prohibit it from firing if low.

Any and all help is welcomed and look forward to getting to know more about my machine

288438.jpg

Walter, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif

I don't know much about the newer Cub Cadets but here's a schematic for the 1330.

288447.jpg

Thank you so much Kraig! That at least give me a target to shoot at. Would you happen to know a user that may have some deeper knowledge on my issue that a should message on here?

Walter, just keep checking back some one will help you out

Walter, the "coil" as you call it is the magneto. I believe the white wire running to it is so-called "kill wire." The key shorts that wire to ground to stop the engine. Make sure that the wire isn't grounded or the tractor may never start.

I can't say much for the wiring diagram Kraig shared with you, I notice that the terminal designations on the switch legends don't match the callouts on the drawing. The panel lights are interesting.
happy.gif

Regarding the seat switch, the yellow wire kills the motor when the operator gets off the tractor while it is running without first setting the brake; the brown wire energizes the Reverse Relay which in turn makes it possible to pull the PTO Clutch in, unless the tractor is in reverse.

If you disconnect the kill wire at the magneto and turn the motor over fast enough, it should start. Just make sure you can stop it once it gets going (like grounding the magneto or choking it to death).

Hope this helps.

Awesome...Thank you...I disconnected the whire wire, still no power. Looks like I'm in the market for a new magnito.

Finally got logged in, not user friendly to computers. The dog ate my wiring, could it be possible that you post a few more pictures of the wiring showing where and what color the wires are. The wiring in the picture is what I'm now missing. Any help would be great Thanks

They sell a tool for testing your spark/ignition coil that is very useful. It looks like a pen, has a glass fuse in the center with a clear window, and the end of it is scooped/curved so that it will fit over the plug wire. When you turn the engine the fuse should blink as the coil fires. Costs about 10 bucks at an auto parts store, and saves a lot of time when it comes to diagnosing a coil.

Back