• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC 100 in metro KC

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the suggestion, i didn’t know the 70 & 100 had different mufflers. i would like it to run quieter, for sure.

and yes the mower spindle shields are back in place after having been removed to clean out the hay they hauled from the original owner’s lawn.

is there any content on this site that points to the OEM part # for the 100 muffler? i had been leaning towards adapting a modern noise-suppressor muffler like what some hunters put on their ATVs. thanks,

100 muffler on the left (not Kohler, but pretty darn close), and Kohler O/70 on the right. The original O/70 Kohler muffler was the silver galvanized color, but finding one is rare. Most Kohler replacement engines were also painted black.
The downside to this: the 100 muffler will probably not reduce the noise any.

DSCF0826.JPG

100 muffler on the left (not Kohler, but pretty darn close), and Kohler O/70 on the right. The original O/70 Kohler muffler was the silver galvanized color, but finding one is rare. Most Kohler replacement engines were also painted black.
The downside to this: the 100 muffler will probably not reduce the noise any.

View attachment 150755
thank you mgwin!

Back