• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Burning trans. belts

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcenis

displayname
Gene Cenis
We have 2 cub cadets a 1720 and a 1212....we are very hard on the trans. belts on the 1212.......I installed one set and about 3 months later a new set was needed......I had the dealer install that set and they only lasted 2 months.....
All the pulleys look fine, any idea about what keeps tearing up the belts?......
We do mow a small section (about 1/4 acre) that is too steep to travel sideways so we mow it up and down....down on the very steepest parts, can that cause harm to the belts.
Thanks
Gene

Latest posts

Back