• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Burnin' Wood ( and other fuels...)

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured it was time to let the page roll over since you guys are doing such a good job of posting info for everyone.
thumbsup.gif

Charlie - do we owe ya another hard drive yet??
biggrin.gif

Kendell-
As the forum runs out of space with more and more posting, Charlie just keeps on daisy-chaining more Commodore VIC 20's together to pick up the slack.

Rumor has it he's got a whole garage full of em.....
happy.gif

lol.gif
Thats funny, I remember having a couple of those with the tape drive when I was a kid. Used to make programs to do stupid animated stuff on them then got a 64. I can't even remember what else they were good for
happy.gif

Bren

Cut three loads of Oak today. This may be the biggest single trailer load that the 129 has ever pulled and we had to come out across the neighbor's lawn (thawed). Never slowed down a bit - love that hydro!!! The trailer is 4x8 - even had two pieces on the tailgate - they were too heavy for me to pick up any further and I didn't have room anyway..
75179.jpg

75180.jpg

Those trailer springs were meant to haul two dirt bikes... I've thought the same about those loads being like the old timer's .. I usually try for smaller diameter stuff, but I couldn't pass this tree up (literally - it dropped across the trail)..

OK Charlie, we're waiting for pictures of that first fire up!! (hope that Hansel made it out of the oven...)
181390.jpg

Here's a few along the way pics.
I was going to fire it today, but my relief valves didn't show, so it will have to wait till Monday.

The GUTS of the beast. And a shot of my best side!
181399.jpg

Aaron S. from http://www.xtrememotorworks.com/ loading it up for the trip home.
181400.jpg

Getting ready to set it in place.
181401.jpg

Set and ready to be plumbed.
181402.jpg

A size comparison.
181403.jpg

Looking good!! Are you going to put a smoke hood over the door end (I assume it'll be inside the big building)..? My cousin built a 24 foot square garage type building for wood storage, with the face of the furnace inside - he ended up having to put a hood over the door, with a fan to draw the smoke outside when the door was opened to feed it.

Where do the relief valves go - that's not a pressurized vessel is it??

Sorry about the oven pic - I've been waiting for an opportune time ............
clappy.gif

Wow! That's quite a cooker. I'd feel a little more comfortable if something other than wood kept it up off the ground.
Kendell...judging by the size of the building, Dont think a smoke hood is gonna matter much.
Charlie, I suspect that's well insulated, but is ther any concern about flammables being so close to it??

Allen:
One of these furnaces smoldering on low air will kick out enough smoke when you open the door to fill a hot air balloon..
181416.gif

Kendell I,
One of the valves goes on the stove itself, top center and the other at the other end of the feed line.
Yes it's a closed pressurized system. 10 to 15 pounds max.

As far as an exhaust hood goes. It's really not needed.
Here's a pic from the inside at the back of the beast looking up the stack.
It has a door that opens to direct the smoke straight out prior to opening the door.
181418.jpg

Allen S.
What your looking at is a bare stove with no insulation. As soon as it's fired and tested for a few days. Then the insulation will be added.

Technically, as big as it is and it being inside, there would really be no need to insulate the beast except to burn less wood.
Which I've got plenty of.
clappy.gif

Charlie:
We spray insulated mine; Son in law (who builds 'em) has used bat insulation on them up till ours - he was impressed enough with the results on ours that he went back, stripped the fiberglass off his and spray foamed it. I was amazed how long this one will hold heat without a fire. Unless the area you've got it in is also going to be heated, I'd insulate, just to avoid the heat loss..
181439.jpg

Pressurized system.... I'm surprised.. Do you know what the target operating temperature is for the system? The open, vented ones are limited to about 180 dgress (although I've teakettled ours a couple of times in mild weather - the circulating pumps don't like that).

I've got a smoke bypass on mine, too - straight shot up the stack - it'll still smoke out the door when I open it, no problem with ours - it's outside, outside.

Charlie my only concern would be an optional low water cut off as I imagine your relief valves are temp/pres type I only say this as thats what I do for a living. There are many types of floats and probes. Any way that is very cool!! do you have a cross section drawing?? My home burner is outside nonpressurized central boiler
181444.jpg

181445.jpg

Latest posts

Back