• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Bad merchandise

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that Gary. Things are not made to last now days. China likes to make junk, sell it "cheap," so you will have to buy more quickly.
Look around and find an IH built cub cadet, then you will have something! :bluethumbsup:
Let's clarify. The Chinese crap mantra is getting real old. These are American companies that have outsourced production to China to cut costs. They spec a product to be made to meet a certain price point to maximize profit. That almost always means quality suffers. They could reduce profit and increase quality or increase quality and price. Or some other combination. Ask anyone who owns an iphone how much they hate their Chinese crap. Rarely do I hear someone complain about their Chinese iPhone. Of course they are not cheap. Let's start placing the blame where it is deserved.

I have a friend who owns a trailer manufacturing company, to compete he has the chassis components made in China. They have an agreed spec and quantity in a contract. Yet he still has to hire another company to monitor the factory for quality. The factory will attempt shortcuts on their own to increase their profit margin. And this is quite common from what I hear.

OK.
Bill Clinton signed the free trade agreement several years back, and China padded his pocket for doing so. Now American companies have to outsource products from outside this country. Also, they have to compete with products made by people outside this country making around 50 cents and hour. Kinda hard to do, hence IH went under like a lot of companies.
As for specs, our company bought some wrenches from Harbor Freight. These wrenches were so poorly made, they would not even fit on the nut/bolt they were sized for.
Most items from outside this country are "throw away items". Use them a little while, and then they break. Throw them away and buy another.
I have a throw away phone. It comes with one year of service, 1500 texts, 1500 minutes, 1.5 gigs of data for $65.00. After one year, I throw it away and buy another. I use a phone for talking and texting people. I do not sit and look at ridiculous videos of people doing stupid stuff. I have better things to do, like using my American manufactured and assembled IH Cub Cadets that have been around for 50 plus years and still kicking! :greenthumb:

sadly i worked on a few craftsman LT's that model and serial information came back as made by MTD, mix of models from both with husky making and rebranding as many as mtd.

IH
i wish, when i was a owner operator for the long gone carretta trucking i had a 78 IH eagle cabover tractor whose ride was better than my Peterbilt cabover with close to like suspension , LT and GT it's hard to fathom if they could survive in today's marketplace using throw away machines, is it even possible to build one with today's driveline?

Latest posts

Back