• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 24, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My K301A out of my 126. I think we have established that "fin count" has nothing to do with horsepower
bazooka.gif
-fin count
65721.jpg

Charlie, yeah, that K301 was in a 125 that I picked up cheap, it's the engine that had the top of the piston separate from the bottom of the piston. It'll be done right, David Kirk is giving it the full out Killer Kohler™ Treatment!
buttrock.gif

Yea and I've also noticed that when I try it without my mouse it makes my eyes feel funny. It's hard to do.............. I think I better get back to work now. I'm way behind on paperwork
bash.gif

Brent; I used Carlise Power Trac on my 128;added fluid to the tires and went " plow crazy"!Or did I just go crazy?,Bob B.
Shift.gif

The question in my mind about the number of fins still surfaces from all of the ads for 169's I've seen over the years that say, "Still has the original 13-fin engine."

Does that mean that my 169 has a replacement or different engine from stock if it has a 12-fin engine? I can understand a 13-fin engine being more desirable if there's more "meat" to the block to bore it bigger, but it's a pretty bold statement to say your 169 has the "original 13 fin engine" when at some point in the 169 production they switched to 12-fins if that is what happened.
dunno.gif

Charlie-
Kind of funny about the mouse comment you made. I was thinking the same thing, so you can be assured that it's not "just" because you're so damn old!
bazooka.gif

I was always told and under the assumption that if a 169 had 12 fins, it had a replacement engine it.
But, my 169 that I bought from the original owner with 86 hours on it has a 12 fin engine.
Now that doesn't say that it didn't come from the factory that way or the dealer didn't change the engine for some reason, just an observation from an OLD COOT!
whistling.gif

Charlie, my 149 has a replacement 12 hp with 13 fins on it, not counting the one on the bottom of the head. and it is an old Kohler too, go figure...

Latest posts

Back