• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 23, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Charlie for all you do and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who missed it.

WOO-HOO!!!
262996.gif
A BIG THANK YOU, Charlie.
262997.gif

A big thank you to Charlie, Brian. and Kraig. I can stop the withdrawl pills now.

Thank you Charlie! Like others have mentioned, what a crappy weekend to go with out such a knowledge base of people & minds! Yep, you notice how much you miss something when its gone, even a dog on web site! All the hard work you and your TEAM do to make this site happen, we are all thankful for, I too could not imagine the crap you's put up with and go through to make this happen! Thought I was going to have to seek counciling over this break-up, damn glad it didn't come to that!
groupwave.gif

On another note.....
Since there was no reading this weekend and the weather was just down right crappy here, I had time to clean up the garage. Once I cleaned it up some I began to find the parts of Cubs that I had started to tear down months ago. I was able to get the K241 up onto the bench earlier last week and started to work on the valve clean up. Thanks to those of you who gave me pointers and what to look for in that job. Was able to find a valve spring compressor at Princess Auto for a reasonable amount of money to do the job. $20.00 is well invested for a tool I won't use too often I thought. The intake valve was SO crusted up with crap, its a wonder it even moved. Hopefully this is my problem of it not wanting to run any faster than idle once it gets warm? Replaced the gaskets on the valve cover, the filter in it was discusting, bet it didn't filter too much anymore, new head gasket, and a cleaning. WOW! Don't realize how much crap can accumulate in an engine over the years! I still have more cleaning to do on it before it goes back into the 100 frame.

While I was waiting on the penitrating oil to work on the pto bearing, I worked at getting the clutch shaft out of the 100 to change the bearing on it and the springs. Surprisingly the roll pins came out pretty easy and in one piece. Made up a jig to remove the roll pin from the shaft once out. Just need to weld up the bottom of the frame, can't do it just bolted together, I was flexing the frame. Crazy how much pressure is on that spring for the clutch! Hope to have the welding done either today or tomorrow so I can finish that job. Cleaned up the clutch plates while it was off as well. How do you know what tenstion should be put on the three bolts in the front of the clutch, is there a measurement chart that I am missing somewhere? I tightened them back up to what they were - but don't know if it was set correctly or not? Have to replace the bearing in the pto clutch, its kinda noisey to say the least.

Was able to get the adjusting strap or bar off for the generator drive belt too while doing this. Mine had a crack in the end of it next to the bolt for the generator. Different colour of yellow, but looks better.

What colour is the pto clutch supposed to be painted for a K241? I have seen some white and some yellow over the years. Guessing they came from factory yellow? Is it just a personal preferance?

Thanks Charlie!

It sure was a long weekend. I think most here realize what you have to do on a daily basis to keep things running smoothly here on the forum.

I hope things work out the way you plan and the forum is never sold or turned into a research only site. I know things get old at times and repetition is pretty common. I'm guessing that's just the way it is with topics as involved as cub cadets.

This is undoubtedly the best forum for cub cadets on the web period!

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back