• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 23, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinX

I had another big long speech typed up to post when things got turned back on, but thought better of posting it.

I learned quite a bit over this and have come to the conclusion that it is what it is. And nothing short of drastic measures will change much of anything.

I do appreciate the emails that were sent, positive and negative.

I can't shut it down, I won't sell it right now, and I'll not turn it over to just anyone at this point.
So I'll just tape my fingers for a while and see if anything changes over time.

I will say this, some of the off topic post on the main forum board is a good thing, no matter if some don't care for it.

So here it is, have at it!

Withdrawal pains gone!!!
beerchug.gif

Here's to the BEST Forum on the net PERIOD.
beerchug.gif

I belong to a few forums, and the hijinx here are not even close to these other sites. You were doing a perfect job all along Charlie, IMHO!!

Man - what a long weekend..... In view of what some power blackouts have resulted in (9 months later...) I'm glad things are back up. We'll probably still have a flood of young Cubbers named Charlie...
happy.gif

Sometime trying to say too many good things becomes a lot of wasted words. You know how I feel about this stuff.
Thanks Man!

Carry on........................

Man its' good to be home

And thank you for unlocking the doors to my MOST visited website

I have NO idea as to what all THAT was about....Maybe cuz I'm still a newbie here...

But anyway....
I'm attempting to install a BB36 on my Original but have stuff missing, mainly the lift rod that goes inside the frame, the clutch actuating rod and the springs from the 90 deg box mount to the thrower frame.

Is the lift rod just straight piece of 1/2 rod? Anyone have maybe a picture and/or a length measurment??
And..
Is the mower deck crank pulley the same one as is used on the thrower??

Thanks Guys and.....As You Were & Carry On!!!

Dave S.

David, the lift rod for inside the frame of the Original has a bend in it. It also has a eye on one end and a hook on the other Aaron sells reproduction lift rods on his website Xtreme Motorworks under the "Cub Cadet Original" sub-menu:

262972.jpg

The mower used a different drive pulley (part# 464-358 R1) than the BB36 snow blower drive pulley (part# 1 177-16). Not sure if the diameter is different or not though.

Regarding the actuating rod. Note that there were two variations of the BB36 and the difference was mainly in the PTO engagement mechanism. The manuals for both variations are in the Snow Blower Manuals section in PDF format. If you have not already downloaded them I recommend that you do.
happy.gif

Thanks Kraig!
It figures the pullies would have different part #'s. The thrower one has a smaller ID. I just need to know if they are the same outside diameter. If so, I'm good to go in the "go-round & round" dept.

Been trying to find a link to the CP-3 (implement parts lookup). Can anyone direct me there?

Boy this makes my Day . Thanks Charlie for pushing the button and getting us going again.I did not think I would miss the site and oh boy was I wrong.I `am sure glade we can post. I have a few things that I need Kraig to help me with. Thank YOU big C , Mister kinder Bear .

animatedihbear.gif

beerchug.gif

262979.gif

Thanks Charlie, Bryan & Kraig too. I have absolutely no idea what ya'll go through running this place but I must imagine it can get to ya and drive you crazy at times. I'm sorry it built up enough to cause you to have it shut down and consider selling it! It has been the best site ( cub cadets & otherwise) for a long time and I'll admit I found it painful to see it in such a state.

I know you've tried to make it better and I for one certainly appreciate the efforts and realize I don't say it often enough! So Thanks Again to you all!

A big THANKS for allowing the posts again...I'm very grateful indeed! Best site ever!

Back