• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 10, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poof.gif

Shane,
Neat pics of the 782 and dump trailer. I'm really digging the Gannon, too. (pun intended
err.gif
) It looks to be in great shape.

Jeff,
Tell us how ya really feel about JD. You forgot this one:
draw.gif
and this one:
lazerburn.gif
oh and this one:
Shotgun.gif
. Still like the original one with the pics of your cubs and the nauseated emoticon.
err.gif
I live in Deer(e) country and I still don't or wanna own one. Maybe if someone "gives" me one.......

I lurk over at WFM and have to agree with Charlie. They do have some good info. I like to watch the classifieds and the attachment section. They of course use the same Brinly stuff as our cubs. }

Shane--thanks for the update and the super cool pics! It is so awesome to see these little tractors hard at work making our lives a little easier. That 782 seems to be handling that big trailer just fine and the Gannon/QL combo is especially impressive (except for that battery on the hood
shame.gif
)

All kidding aside, you did a great job on the pergola and the landscape work. I'm a framer by trade and I'm impressed. You should start a thread in the Sandbox cataloging with pics your progress on the work you are doing around there. Looks good and is functional too!

How does the dump on that trailer work? Is it connected to your hydro or is it independent?

Thanks again for the great posts!

greenthumb.gif

Jeff, I just changed the fluid and filter on this hydro so I don't think its that. Checked the level after running awhile and topped it off. I'm afraid its something internal.

Jack B. .... Try checking out this manual a.k.a. download it for Future References... Danfoss Power Solutions 15 Series Service Manual. Go to page 18.

You've stated that your tractor oeprates slow in both directions. OKAY.... Recently a good friend had an AC 716 that did the very same thing. BOTH of his check relief valves were sticking. Since I am on the lazy side I'd check BOTH of them first. Thoroughly CLEAN the entire area around both of them and then remove them and thoroughly clean them using say kerosene, HyTran oil but NEVER Brake Cleaner. Brake cleaner will cause the O-rings to swell and premature wear. On the bottom of each check relief valve is a tiny hole. Put a tiny non pointed (small hex wrench) piece of metal inside and make sure the ball is moving up and down freely. Your tractor should have the manual relief valves on it so push down on the top button of each and make sure the return easily when when you push up on the ball. Be careful to not scratch the ball. When the button comes up freely when pushing on the ball the valves are now unstuck. It makes no difference which one goes into which side as they are universal.

Should you still have problems then check the oil's cleanliness status and if necessary change the filter and oil. BE SURE TO purchase the proper filter and a recommended per SERVICE MANUAL oil. I personally do not recommend the green guy's oil. If your pocket book allows then go with Hy Tran.

Just my three cents worth... Everyone have a wonderful day....
happy.gif

p.s. <font size="-2">I don't know much about the 15 Series... just enough to know how they function, take them apart, put back together ,etc. so don't take my word on what I've written.</font>

Jeff B. Dang it... Thank You for the vote of confidence. I used to hang out on the WWFM site when I had my 318. I noticed they were rather on the shy side of how to troubleshoot hydros. I just provided some thoughtful insight and that helped them immensely. The only thing I can't help them or anyone with is the availability of the Z Line 15 Series model that went into the early JD hydro tractors. Sauer Danfoss sold that product line to another company many years ago. SOME HYDRO GEAR parts still interchange though. Which ones I don't know.

Another thought.... Jack B. .... Check your relief springs also. You may need to purchase some gauges however for now I'm thinking sticking relief valves. PLEASE let us know the outcome and if you need further assistance.

FOR ALL>>>> I was able to look up the 15 Series Manaual by going to out company's new website... Danfoss Power Solutions - Literature.

Joshua,
When I built that trailer one of my "conditions" was that it be small enough to be pulled around with a cub cadet but street legal so I could pull it with my pickup.
It's got it's own hydraulic system and is able to hold about 3 yards of material.
It's not very pretty, but it's really nice to be able to start up one of the cubs and hook onto it and pull it to wherever is needed.
I don't have hills around my place and I don't plan to ever move, but just in case I put brakes on both axles. I don't need them with a pickup, but I wanted the option to wire a remote for the cub cadet so I could use the brakes to safely pull something that heavy on small grades.

Shane, what deck and front axle are under that 782? How much vertical lift can you get on that deck?

I'd love to throw a GT deck under my 782 but I didn't think I could make it happen because my 782 doesn't really have that much lift.

Latest posts

Back