• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 02, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for verification...
Will the pin on attachments still pin on the 1x6/7 series Cubs?

Specifically a CW-36 snow thrower on a 127.

Jerry B, I may be trying to catch up with you sometime this weekend. No, I don't have a 127 yet, but I'm trying... Good to see you and the boys at the parade last Saturday. Right after that I had to go to my mother-in-laws for lunch and didn't get to find you to chat Cubs n' stuff.

Keith

Art, I have an operators manual that lists the "86" with previous series 1x6/7. Not that is in anyway an answer to, "Why an 86 is called that?
confused.gif

The manual is on its way to Kraig to be scanned.

In my opinion the "86" was the first prototype/production wideframe made.

So I'm starting to think that they didnt build a whole lot of 106's, it seems as though I dont see a ton of stuff for them. Although I do know I can do alot of upgrades. Does anyone know why or if it was indeed a low number model? Alot of other Cub stuff from 126,127,147 aside from two of the models listed being hydros are basically the same so whats the major difference with the 106?
stupid.gif

Todd, actually it's been scanned and is on it's way back to you.
happy.gif

Does anyone have any pix of a 102 with hydrolics on it? I need to see what i need to do and were the ram hooks up one one. I am building my unit from scratch got the pump on. Need to mount the ram, valves, resivor, plum the lines.

Well I've been trying the 5/8 nut and bolt method of steering wheel removal for the past week now to no avail. I've been pretty liberal with the PB blaster too. Heated and cooled it more times than I care to remember. It still refuses to budge. If this wasn't a super tight steering shaft I think I would have cut it off by now. Would have been nice if the guy before me has shown the poor thing some respect and and least thrown a tarp over it
irritated.gif
Anything else I should try? I may have to pull the dash and steering sector all as one piece and see if its possible to get it pressed off or something
dunno.gif

What do you have to remove to convert it over from manual to hydrolic lift?

Keith LeJeune,
One additional safety "lock" for young boys is to disconnect the Negative cable from the battery, especially if it's being stored.

Kraig - Again, great looking Original. Really lovin' the detail shots along the way. I don't get the chance to log-in as much as I'd like to so I'm sure I've seen only a fraction of what you've posted.

Brain L - Great job on your trailer - looks low, wide, and stable. Any shots of the hitch?

Donald T - Nice trailer too. What are those sleeves on the lower outer corners for?

Richard, I don't have an air compresser so I can't try that. The wheel is already junk, chunks of rubber fell off when I was pounding on it before so if I ever get it off is going in the trash.

The brass gas cap won't fit, no threads on the inside. But it looks great. A guy stopped by here last week and told me he was talking to a friend of mine at a flea market and found that I like the IH stuff. He gave me the cap. Both guys are great. It is solid brass and has the blue-green tarnish. I don't know what model of tractor or truck it came off of.
Also, nite lites for the Cubs.
94929.jpg

94930.jpg

94931.jpg

Sorry about the way that post turned out. I hit the enter key between each picture.

Things I've learned:
worthless.gif
(almost)
A new seat for $100 is a big investment, but when you sit in (on?) it for the first time, it's like a Cub Barcolounger! No more used seats for me.
There's a reason for a steering wheel cap or decal. The steering shaft is hollow, which means that water can get down into the steering box without one.
A guy that goes by "littlebear" on eBay makes nice repro decals out of recycled aluminum.
Cub Cadets are worth putting money into.
If you take the time to look around here, you've got a good chance that your question has been answered. I know it's hard in this generation of instant gratification - I've never been one to ask if I think I can find the answer by myself.
The FAQS have a LOT of info.
Kraig posts too many pics for us guys on dial-up.
$10 shipping per order from sponsers means just what it says.
Morning comes early, no matter what time it comes.
Grease is cheaper than steel (though messier).
The guy that said "Do it right the first time" was dead on. With these old machines you need one in the background to use while you're "doing it right" on the one you're working on.
Don't sweat the small stuff. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
This is what few words of "wisdom" that I have for tonight.
bouncy.gif

One more thing: There are people capable of shrinking this page. I'm not one of them.
Slant Tongue.gif

Frank-

To add to your list, preemptive replacement goes a long way towards having a reliable tractor. I no longer wait until stuff breaks when I get a tractor; I go through and check/replace all the usual problem parts. Makes for a lot less time spent repairing things. That's one of the biggest things I've learned, in addition to all of the other things on your list
happy.gif

I made Frank's list!
buttrock.gif

I'll try to post fewer photos for you guys on dial-up.
blush.gif
Not promising, but I'll try....

Frank C.
Ahh, Cubfucius say "Your journey is near completion grasshopper!"
ihrotate.gif

Matt: I
worthy.gif
to your knowledge. (I went to your "bottom line").
We should maybe be in the Sandbox-I'm sure we'll get put there if the Powers deem fit. It's just a little slow here, lately, and I've had a couple good maintenence days - and -
beerchug.gif
I bought a running, smoking, 105, about 9 years ago, freed up the hydro valves and had a TRACTOR. I got hooked
thumbsup_old.gif

Since then we got a computer, I've found out there's more people that appreciate these iron animals, and here I am -- more tractors than I need and none I want to part with. Where's the Clipart for "sucks to be me, don't it"
wedgie.gif

Latest posts

Back