• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 21, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Mike G.
CLR eats aluminum!
If you do use it, dilute it at least 50% and watch things close as it will find a weak spot in the carb and eat it alive.

The best thing to do would be to go to your local parts store and buy a bucket of carb cleaner.
Just my 3 cents on the deal.

Help!! I cleaned up my Cub Cadet 149 carb and when I give it full throttle now it revs up at a very high RPM. Something isn't right. My idle is almost perfect, but when I give it full throttle it revs the engine up very fast. I don't want to blow the engine.

JB,

did you get the linkages back to the correct holes? sounds like the governor is not engaging correctly, or you may have a vacuum leak

I played with the governor a little bit but not sure if that is the problem. What do you mean by linkages? How do I see if I have a vacuum leak?

Thanks!

Well guys I`am some lucky guy I think. I just got home from my Cub 147 parts trip. He gave me parts he said he would never use. I can now have rear lift on my 147 and He gave me a ported hydro pump. I have been putting off getting one from Frank C in Maine because of shipping costs$$$. Here are a few pictures of my haul lol.

216731.jpg

216732.jpg

Is the edges of this blower something the PO did ?

216733.jpg

216734.jpg

216735.jpg

216736.jpg

Don T, Looks like you got the mother load and an off topic snowblower to get you money back. Life is good.

Melody Schutz

I will have to go through the all the belts and see what they fit. He told me there is two new belts there for the tiller and one used belt and the rest are mower belts some new and one used.I did do well for sure. The off topic snow blower is almost new he bought at a yard sale for $350.00 and he used it once on the 147 and decided he did not like the snow blowing back in his face and took it off. The ported pump will go on my 129 loader for power steering this spring. I have lots to do now lol. I will need to find the tin for the tiller that covers the tines and then that will be complete. Life is good lol.
old.gif

Thank You so much Scott! I will look into it. Thanks for the service manuals.

JB

Awesome Find, Don T. I have a snow/dirt blade for my Cub 149 but would like a Snowblower. I just picked up a 147 with a 42 inch deck for $50 yesterday. Engine needs work but everything looks good. Deck needs a little work as well. Just very dirty.

216755.jpg

to jbevens re vacuum leak.the easiest way to find a vacuum leak is to spray starting fluid around carb base etc at idle.if it is leaking,the rpm will increase.make sure air cleaner is installed.

Thanks Marlin. It seems to work in everything else Cub so I kinda figured!!

JB Evans

Now I don`t know who got the best deal, there are no $50.00 tractors around here .Looks like you could have a nice tractor there with a little work.I think that since the snow thrower I just got was on a 147 I might just put it on mine and see if it will blow snow.Its in good shape but I see that the bracket for the chute rotator rod is mia. But I don`t think that would be hard to make. good luck with you 147.
old.gif

Charlie,
Thanks for letting me know about this stuff. I had my doubts about it working and being to corrosive on old metal. Can't afford to replace the CCO carb, and don't want to ruin what I do have to work with. I have seen the carb cleaner in Auto Zone, I have other carbs to clean, so will go with that. Thanks alot. MikeG

Thanks for the advice James. I will investigate this week or next weekend.

Hey Don, I put 147 but it is a 127. But yeah, I couldn't pass up a $50 tractor!

Got a few days off this week, need to get the cub prepped for winter, chains, snowblade, oil change etc. Going to be busy though, got to prepare for deer season that starts in a week, and clean the whole house since the mother-in-law will be comming down in my place for a few days.

Kinda feels silly mounting the snow blade though when its suppose to be 67* tomorrow...

Debating on whether to put the blade on the 1000 or the 129... 129 has issues still that pretty much put it out of comission in the summer but seems to still run ok in the winter. It seems to overheat and blow smoke out the dipstick. But during winter it seemed to work fine, at least last year... any thoughts? I dont mind the gear drive but the chains and lift assist spring are on the 129 also. Got a full hydro lift setup from a 1450 I want to put on the 129 as well, but if I start tearing into the motor and messing with putting in a new hydro it probably wont be finished anytime soon if even this winter lol.

While I got snow blades on my mind... taking a look at CCSpecialties there are two skid shoes, OEM and heavy duty. The oem ones are 50% more expensive than the heavy duty ones, is there an actual difference in the shoe which would effect performance or are the oem ones pricier just because they are oem?

Don T. nice score on the cub stuff. Those things and cubs are hard to find around here. I have put my cubs on hold this summer. Need to get back to work on them this winter. Charlie keep that weather up there. We need rain down here but not the snow.

Luther Ray Hinds

I see you do have a few Cubs also. My windbreaker Cab has made it to Maine today and Frank C will send it over here for my tractor. I think it will be nice to NOT have snow blowing back in my face.I got a few calls last night asking about the off topic blower and will sell that. Now I`am going out in the cold and unload my trailer and store everything till needed.I want to go through the belts and see what I have and see if I can get the covers for the tiller. A day in my shop for me. Have a great day.
thumbsup_old.gif

Back