• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 02, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acoffey

displayname
andrew coffey
hello can ne one here please tell me what model cub this is from the info in the ad i think it is a 100 but im not sure if it is a 100 the price is right to buy it :]

i have a cub tractor age unknown? It has a 4 speed trans that works fine & the rear & frame are sound the 44'deck is in bad shape has new front tires 4.80-8nhs rears goodyears 6-12 2ply. Has a KOHLER Engine (4264805) Model #(K241A) Spec#(46657d) The engine runs but needs some TLC also no gas tank

Hey guys, while I was out using the leaf blower I had a thought. Would it be possible to make a front mounted leaf blower that ran off the front pto? My wife thinks its crazy but I was thinking anyway..... More thinking to do. If anyone wants to brainstorm this with me give me let me know!!

Scott...How about a squirrel cage fan and funnel the exhaust end down a bit ? They move a lot of air, I had 2 in the window of a make shift spray booth.

Andrew...Without the tractor serial# you can't really be sure with that info. The engine could have been transplanted. I'm assuming the guy is considering reverse is the fourth gear, if it's 4 forward gears it's a lawn tractor.

Frank, your right that's exactly how the muffler is ,I will try to post some pics, with the hood up tomorrow.but what I was wanting to know is. would it be worth the trouble to put the original muffler back on just to make it look a little better.

How about a blower fan off of an old cotton stripper?

My grandfather has a couple of really big ones from when he worked as a gaffer at Stueben Glass they came off of the "glory holes" that ran about 1200 degrees C. I was thinking of those, they are a squirrel cage kinda deal. I could put 2 together and run them with a reduction pulley for greater speed. I think I have the mount figured out, it will have to be a trial and error thing but I'm thinking of an old beat up pulley mule to start with. More to follow
thumbsup.gif

David: In my most honest opinion --- yes. (I've taken another good look at your pics and noticed that even the seat looks good!). To me, that muffler looks like a big wart on a pretty girl's face.
icon_eek.gif

Almost had my 125 catch on fire yesterday. I went to start it and all of a sudden I had smoke billow out from under the hood.

I opened the hood to see a few tiny sparks at the wiring going to the regulator.

Here's a pic of the burnt wires
url]

I ended up rewiring the the front of the harness which actually helped cure the hard starting.
url]

I was extremely lucky as the only thing harmed was a few wires.

Jeff

Is the chain sprocket on the snowblower auger replaceable? I have one with the teeth worn near gone.
Thanks guys,
David

Sorry,

Just had to post a few fall plow day pics! Thanks to Big Steve and Wendy not to mention Mr. Plow for all the help and support at such a great event!!!

Big Steve given Connie advice for her first plow.
96299.jpg

96300.jpg

Rookie on '9' look out!
96301.jpg

Sharin fun at plow day!
96302.jpg

Got to respect a brand loyalist. Lookin' good in his Deere!
96303.jpg

Brian:
Great pics ( good to see some, for those of us who can't make it to the PDs..)

David S:
Did ya try the parts lookup link at the top of the page for what ever snowTHROWER (hint) that you have? Some of the QA36 and 42 models (the -A's) did have a replaceable sprocket, but you'll have to check that out for yourself, as you'll need the serial number of the snowTHROWER(hint)...
thumbsup_old.gif

Brian-
Neat PD pictures, but who supplied you with tractor-gas since I wasn't there.
1a_scratchhead.gif
roflol.gif

Kraig-
Your Original looks GREAT!

I think I may know what’s wrong with your 7hp’s Governor. I had the same issue with the motor that’s in “Bullit” my 71.

96307.jpg

IMHO, the 7hp governors are poorly designed.

96308.jpg

The brass Governor nut (“C” in the diagram) has a shoulder on it that should bottom out on the engine block allowing what I’ll call the “governor disk” (“D” in the diagram) to freely rotate.

What happened in my case is that the shoulder on the nut somehow wore down which then allowed the governor nut to tighten on that “governor disk” (D) slightly so that it would bind in some spots, and rotate freely in other spots. To check it, disconnect the governor from your carburator and see if the “governor disk” is binding.

If the governor is binding, remove the brass governor nut from the engine block, chuck it in a vice and carefully dress the backside of the area where the governor disk rides. The idea is to make “more room” for that disk so that it rotates freely even when that brass nut it tightened against the engine block.

An easier remedy is to buy a new brass governor nut, but a smooth file makes quick work of this. It worked for me…
happy.gif

David S.: If this helps, I got away with using one of these last year on a QA42 (I think). From Motion Industries.
dunno.gif

96311.jpg

Uh oh, the bug has bit again! The past week I've brought home 3 cubs, 1450 w/o motor, 100 w/pto & a 1200. I got the 1200 running with a new batt, fresh fuel & a new plug however it only has 30lb compression. I'll be spending a little time with the 100 to get moving under it's own power this week.
96317.jpg
96318.jpg

PD Parade Lap....more on the PD page...

96342.jpg

Andrew C:

96345.gif

From the information you supplied, and assuming this is the original motor:
Kohler Model: K241A
Kohler Serial: 4264805
Kohler Spec: 46657D

That motor was built in 1972

With that in mind, a 10HP Cub with a Gear Drive built in 1972 would be the model 108

greenthumb.gif

Thanks for all the help on the QA 42 blower. I didn't know what model till I looked on the parts lookup. It is a QA42 not an "A".
The sprocket is not replaceable so it is going to the machine shop to turn off the old one. I'll have them leave a shoulder for the new one and weld it on.
I want to thank you guys for the help.
David

David:
It's a "Thrower" (single stage), not a "Blower" (two stage).. It used to mean something..... Bob or Bryan or somebody pointed that out to me a century or so ago..
Frank:
I think you replaced the driver sprocket, David was asking about the driven (auger) end of the chain..

Good Morning all. I`am out in the Cub Shed spliting some fire starter .Just picket this lift up and put it together for all the engine lifting that i do with my Cubs. A smaller one would have worked but could not find what i wanted.I must get the 14hp K put back in the 149 and put the 12 from the 129 back out so it can be painted wih the rest of the loader. Have a great Cub Day all later Don T
96349.jpg

the lift
96350.jpg

David S..
The assembly should come out, however I think a machine shop route is the best way to go. I tried six ways to sunday to remove that sprocket on min QA42... no luck. The machine shop would have to have a lathe with a loooong bed....

Latest posts

Back