• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 30, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Nate,

What is that thing? Has a lot of white on it to be a mouse.

Tim,

Ron is right. One part thinner to 8 parts paint.
Just don't forget to put in some hardener also, unless you want to let it dry for months!

I usually mix 16 oz. paint, 2 oz. thinner, and 1 oz. hardener at a time in a glass measuring cup.

Marty- I call them a field mouse more brown with white underbelly

Nate,

They are mostly brown and grey around here with maybe a little white on the bottom.

Still hoping for a nice day to paint tomorrow.

Nate-

I assume by "newer" you mean an M12? If so, that has magneto ignition, and you'll need to add a relay similar to when putting an M18 in a 782.

a---allalone.gif

Got rained out here. At least it's not snowing I suppose.

Beautiful day here today rototilled my garden....no I didn’t use my 149 because it was apart so I could paint the white parts today also

Nutserts/rivnuts didn't work out this afternoon.....frame is too thick for them to grip. Every hole was already wallowed out over 1/4".....so I drilled and tapped them 5/16"×18 and used 1/2" stainless button headed machine screws with star washers....nice and secure now, and looks good too.

Also got the trailer checked over for the new season.....repack bearings, adjust brakes, air up tires, etc. All ready for an April trip to Iowa!!!

Matt-
Yes that is what i am doing. Could you elaborate a little more?
Thanks

I'm going to argue that once the driveway has thawed winter should be over. Or maybe I'm just over with winter at this point.
a_weep.gif
Happy white Easter wishes to everyone.

320041.jpg

Brian,

Nice 70!
I noticed you have chains on the front. Does that help keep the front tires from sliding to the side when you angle the blade?

Spring is here in NC.
Tree pollen is VERY high, and it's keeping my migraines going all the time.
Just a tad too chilly to paint yesterday, and I didn't feel like painting anyway.
The wind is not helping either, it has been blowing pretty good since Christmas!

Happy Easter everyone!!!

Front end slide is a problem for my 1450 when the plow is angled especially with the wet glue snow I get here I haven’t gotten around to mounting those Carlisle xtracs I picked up a bit ago they’ll be on but next winter we’ll see if that helps with the front end slide

Marty,
Yes the chains do help up front, the 7hp does have the weight on the front that my 100 does so it gets pushed around a little easier.

Digger how far north is your place? We've got no snow left (far northern Illinois) but it is still cold. Pretty sure I had my 1st mow April 5 last year and there's absolutely no chance of that this year.

Back