• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 19, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HARRY - PLEEZE do a Google search on "U-tube Manometer...... Then Hydrometer. Wikipedia will have some nice easy reading for you.

I thought it was a b#@ch-O-meter...
1a_scratchhead.gif
angel.gif
bottom.gif

Nice warm day today, up in the 50 deg's and supposed to be in the upper 60's the next few days too. Saw a lawn tractor out driving around today. Ready to begin rigging my fleet for mowing chores.

As time drags on - looks like I'll be keeping the 125 and 109 for this mowing season as they are workers. If I can get some time, I think I'm going to put the 3 pt hitch on the 126 and try to tube my old 23 deg ags and see how this thing will do with a moldboard plow. Also have a spare Kohler/Carter #26 carb I want to swap onto the 126's engine in place of the Walboro. I thought the engine was running hot last Summer and I think it's running lean. Hopefully the new carb will let me richen things up a bit and bring the head temp down somewhat.

109 is going to have an engine swap with a 14 hp engine.

Hey guys, I picked up the VW coil and the condenser that goes with it. I forgot the original condenser at home and figured there would be a 99% I'd be back up there anyway, so I took the chance. I was going to ask if the condenser usually was paired with the coil, but without even looking at numbers, it has a funky spade hookup in the cord to plug into something else... guessing that's not it.

I'm going to see what I can find, but does anyone have easy access to the part # for the proper condenser so I can try to get it cross referenced? There were no identifying markings on the one that was on it.

PS, after I got home and took a closer look at the condenser, there's a good chance it was the problem. The wire was just kind of twisted up inside of it and pulled out easily. Won't know for sure until I get everything hooked back up. I will probably use the new coil and keep the old one as a spare, assuming the new one works.

Thanks again for all of the help.

Sorry, I probably should have posted a reminder that it's a k301 in a 1968 124.

Thx

Thanks, Kraig! I owe this forum a lot, but it will b ea long time before I have much to contribute.
happy.gif

Tim Z - condenser part number is IH-62188-C1 which I believe is now KH-230722-S

Under edit: Kraig, you beat me to it! I got my number from the parts look-up and a google search on a cross.

Bill J., Tim Z., I got the part number from this, see below, which is from 1979, so the part number could have changed...

284688.jpg

I just messaged one of your fine sponsors about a condenser and a couple other minor items.

The guy at the local Napa said their lawn and garden warehouse has one that will work that I can pick up in the morning, but I'm covering my bases to try to get this thing running.

Back