• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 21, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a couple photos of my 108 - I've owned her about a month now. Cosmetically a little rough, but it runs great.

153542.jpg
153543.jpg

And an action shot - me pushing a big lilac bush/stump that was dug up by an excavator. I'll bet there was a 500 lb clump of dirt just at the stump.

153544.jpg

Wished I had some shots of my work with the Cubbie yesterday - I dragged a BIG log - this was a big log probably a couple tenths of a mile down a 4 wheel drive road to where it could be dragged off the road and out of the way. This tractor keeps impressing me with its ability to do work and tackle big jobs.

After several attempts to download a pic, I'll just try to describe my afternoon. Got the 100 home, tore the carb apart and drained the tank. After liberal doses of carb cleaner and some PB Blaster to the idler pullies(the ones that divert the belt from the pto to the deck, it runs like a champ. I even mowed with it.
I'd have to say that this 100 is more fun and turns tighter than my 149. Once my wife gets home, I'll try to post some pics.

Guys, I bought a plow. Does the angle look right to you? Does the angle look too steep or is this normal? This angle is set by the weld on the yoke. I used it once and it worked ok, but I want to make sure before I go any further. Thanks.
153552.jpg

Brian, yes that is correct. Keep in mind that once you have an open furrow the right side tires run down in the furrow and the left side tires run on the land, then the plow will be upright.

Ian:
Try to get some lubrication beside PB blaster on that pulley bearing ASAP - a penetrating oil doesn't provide much "slippery".....

Thanks Kendall. Once they were broken loose, I squirted some lithium grease on them(all I had on hand).

153556.jpg

153557.jpg

BTW, anyone ever heard of a mower deck being referred to as a "brush hog" deck?
Here are a coule of pics for your viewing pleasure. Ian

Ian, never heard of them being referred to as a "brush hog" deck but I have used my decks like they were brush mowers...
blush.gif

Latest posts

Back