• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 07, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Ok folks,
Here's the deal.
I'm really getting tired of the emails asking WHY this thread continues all by itself and not on the main forum board.

Soooo, if the emails continue, I'm gonna shut it down. So don't be surprised if it happens."

**** it - shut it down! I just started it in the first place because I was very damn surprised and proud to have one come my way. I'll roll with the flow and never post in the 169 "special" thread again.
Slant%20Tongue.gif

Well Frank, I guess that's what ole Geezers Garage is all about.

I don't understand why people would feel the need to email Charlie over the thread. Why don't they just post their complaints in the thread itself??? I guess that would take balls which are lacking in most cases. I do see how it may be confusing to newbies or people that don't know the difference between a nf and a wf. The thread was intended to be exclusive to 169s and things went "off topic" a bit at times. This would add to the confusion too and make it appear like there were two main cub threads(???).

Hang in there Frank. Now that Charlie mentioned it the emails may cease or slow down a lot. I would hate to see the thread just shut down but I do hope the topic stays on 169s exclusively should it continue.

And I do like the part about a POTD! Everyone likes pics. I may even get a pic of Howards 169 to show people that even 169s can look ragged. The tractor is sound in almost every way including new brake pads because I went through it last summer "bumper to bumper". I'm still working on putting that tractor in my collection and get it to looking good.

Frank I enjoyed the thread and think anyone who emailed Charlie is just a crabby ole bastard "COB" ..

Wayne - Frank
Come on now guys we are old enuf to know there are more ass holes out there than there are people worth there salt. I don`t see anything wrong with the 169 thread , ain`t it a special tractor! so why not a thread on it. I bet the ones complaining arn`t stepping up when a nube ask a question. **** EM and carry on !

Don T - I certainly agree with your comment "there are more ass holes out there than there are people worth there salt". I don't know current price of salt but it used to be around 30cents/lb. And I don't know how much salt people have in their bodies, but would guess it's only a couple ounces, maybe 2 and 1/2, making them worth 75cents. But since everyone has an asshole there always has to be more assholes than people worth their salt. I don't think it could really be argued otherwise. Now, one thing I'd like to know is how many smart asses are out there, with the exception of present parties.
biggrin.gif

Don & Harry, Well said, I don't have time to complain about or judge anybody that's doing what they like and having fun with there hobby. If there is people out there that don't agree, they should go some ware else to have fun. And thank you to all the old guys that know there
censored.gif
about these old tractors. (I'm old and don't know
censored.gif
).

I'd like the assholes to step forward and let us know who they are. Charlie won't and shouldn't let that info out so try and grab something between your legs and post (not much there???). Cowards never have/had much. It's just an exclusive thread about a somewhat rare cub cadet. I do have one thing in common with these "assholes"...I don't have a 169 either. But my day will come...maybe.

I think Keith was trying to say **** and **** in his censors. Let it fly Keith...this is Geezers Garage!!!

Adult Jokes 18+
I, the Penis, hereby request a raise in salary for the following reasons:

I do physical labour.

I work at great depths.

I plunge head first into everything I do.

I do not get weekends or public holidays off.

I work in a damp environment.

I work in a dark workplace that has poor ventilation.

I work in high temperatures.

My work exposes me to contagious diseases.

Sincerely,
P. Niss

The Response:

Dear P. Niss:

After assessing your request, and considering the arguments you have raised, the administration rejects your request for the following reasons:

You do not work 8 hours straight.

You fall asleep after brief work periods.

You do not always follow the orders of the management team.

You do not stay in your designated area and are often seen visiting other locations.

You do not take initiative - you need to be pressured and stimulated in order to start working.

You leave the workplace rather messy at the end of your shift.

You don't always observe necessary safety regulations, such as wearing the correct protective clothing.

You will retire well before you are 65.

You are unable to work double shifts.

You sometimes leave your designated work area before you have completed assigned task.

And if that were not all, you have been seen constantly entering and exiting the workplace carrying two suspicious-looking bags.

I recieved a email showing the -graphic- result of a U.S. Soldier sniper hit with his .50 cal on a bomb wearing terrorist'

Should I post it here??

Go for it!

I've got some pics from gook land from the early to mid 70's that might make your stomach turn a little, LOL

Wayne, Jeff, Frank, Harry, Keith ---- Just for the record, THIS asshole told ya straight up, in your thread, what I thought you were doing and why, as a forum member, I objected... I DID have a brief exchange with Digger and made some more comments IN the thread, hoping you guys would see what you were doing in drawing traffic away from the main forum. Evidently you're more interested (except for Frank who started the thread) in proving that you can fucking well do any thing you please...... Go for it - Karma is a bitch....... See ya down the road sometime in the future........

Gerry

Gerry:
259963.jpg

With all due respect (and I've got a lot of it), we've done a pretty good job of agreeing to disagree, here. My nose got a bit bent out of joint for awhile and the feeling was terrible that I'd started a thread that was causing Charlie more aggravation than he already has. This Forum has somehow become an extended family and there's things in my own family that I've learned to "bite my tongue" about. Are you back in Michigan yet?
happy.gif
happy.gif

This is a highly trained American sniper with his 50 calibre rifle which is his best friend. His assignment is to protect the "Green Zone" in Baghdad , Iraq . Basically his job is to prevent terrorists from sneaking into the compound.

259967.jpg

Below, we see Achmed.
One day Achmed tried to breach the perimeter and got tagged from 1500 yards out. Check out the vest laden with explosives.

259968.jpg

Achmed will not be doing this **** anymore.

Aw, ****! I was hoping to see that the bullet hit the explosives.
eek.gif

Little Johnny

The teacher said, "Let"s begin by reviewing some American History. Who said "Give me Liberty, or give me Death"?" She saw a sea of blank faces, except for Little Johnny, a new student from the south, who had his hand up: "Patrick Henry, 1775" he said.

"Very good!"

Who said, "Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth?"

Again, no response except from Little Johnny, "Abraham Lincoln, 1863."

"Excellent!" said the teacher continuing, "let's try one a bit more difficult."

Who said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country?"

Once again, Johnny's was the only hand in the air and he said, "John F. Kennedy, 1961."

The teacher snapped at the class. "Class, you should be ashamed of yourselves, Little Johnny isn't from this country and he knows more about our history than you do."

She heard a loud whisper, "**** the Japs."

"Who said that? I want to know right now!" she angrily demanded.

Little Johnny put his hand up, "General MacArthur, 1945."

At that point, a student in the back said, "I'm gonna puke."

The teacher glares around and asks, "All right!! Now who said that?"

Again, Little Johnny says, "George Bush to the Japanese Prime Minister, 1991."

Now furious, another student yells, "Oh yeah? Suck this!"

Little Johnny jumps out of his chair waving his hand and shouts to the teacher, "Bill Clinton to Monica Lewinsky, 1997!"

The teacher nearly fainted and fell to the floor.

As the class gathered around the teacher on the floor, someone said, "Oh ****, we're screwed!"

Little Johnny said proudly, "The American people, November 4, 2008."

Gerry-

If it upset you so much why didn't you come here first instead of bothering Charlie? It's just a damn thread trying to be exclusive to 169s...I don't see the big deal. Maybe there should just be a double post request put up front and everything posted in the 169 thread is also to be posted in the main forum.

I also didn't expect any "old timers" to the forum such as yourself being the culprits. It sounded to me like newbies getting confused or something to that effect then bitching to Charlie because they didn't understand.

No hard feelings...

Jeff, I'm chuckling so hard I can't hardly type.
smile.gif

Gerry - damn, I'm really sorry you feel the way you do. I for one promoted it but mostly because it gave me another avenue to hype up the 169. I "think" Charlie's a little more lenient on the sub-thread postings, and it gave me another avenue to talk more about the correct tail light lens for the 169. We figured out the exactly correct ID markings, and my posts about them were getting old on the Main Forum, in fact Charlie basically said something to that effect. The thread allows me to repeat and discuss things that would just be taking up space on the Main Forum, and I for one feel many of the Main Forum viewers would skip over or see it as a waste of space. So, yes I like the 169 thread, but if I'm gonna post something I try to put it where I think it has a better fit. I think I actually continue to post more on the Main page than the 169 page. So maybe now you'll have a better understanding of why I like the thread. But please don't hold it against us. None of us want you to feel like you're being left out, or are less special than we are. Everyone on here is special in my view, cause they own a Cub Cadet, which is a really special machine, and it don't take rocket science to understand it - it just takes some learning, trial and error, and eventually it becames a part of ya. Heck, I know for a fact we've lost member participation because the information got old and repetitive to them, which is exactly why I like the 169 thread being separate. So please, don't lock yourself out. Keep reading and posting and participating, and use this thread to give us hell if you want. That's in part why it's here. We can take it.

Back