Archive through January 29, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cellis

displayname
Craig Ellis
What did I say - blow-by? I meant oil leakage past the valve guides. Sheesh. Musta been in a hurry.

Thanks Craig M for the pics and info regarding the release lever on my 129....Great help

charlie...

pre-ignition, with a side-dish of lean...

50745.jpg

You guys may be getting tired of my coil problems. I just had to post this one. Have you heard of this one? This coil exploded while I had the battery charging. Glad I had left for lunch, when it let go. Blew black stuff all over the side of the 1450. I must claim some responsibility, I left the key in the ON position, while charging. Also the coil may have been defective, as the tractor had no spark. This was one of the coils that got very hot, before the ground wires were added. My new coil, points, and condensor just arrived from Madson's, should have this thing running today. Ed

Wow Ed, I've never heard of a coil exploding before!! Guess that's why they started putting side panels on the Cubs, huh?

Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I've posted but the pd anouncment has got me thinking about my project tractor. The 122 has still got a long way to go before it'll be ready for serious duty but I was wondering if there was a general list of stuff to think about before attempting to be a first time participant.

I'm not refering to just fluid changes, tire pressure and so on, but more in the way of set up or common issues that arise when fitting a tractor with a plow. I still need to secure a rear lift for my machine not to mention install the new clutch assembly but it's definately ploding in the right direction.

I'm sure that I'm getting ahead of my self but the temptation to go out and try it is there not to mention that it would make putting a garden in a whole lot easier. If anyone has some suggestions they would be more than appreciated.

P.S.

I'm going to try and post some pics of my 'project machine doing snow duty this week', more to come.
beerchug.gif

Man! Why can't ya send some of that stuff my way, that would give me an excuse to buy a blower. I've barely got enough snow to clean the dust off of my dozer blade. The weather guesser says there may be a chance for a little tonight though, we'll see.

That wheelie was pretty much what happened. Broke in his new clutch on his 73 by dumping it and if it weren't for the sleevehitch adapter, all the way over. Has settled down since then. I'm guilty as well of doing a dangerous wheelie. I got an old sears little tractor size of a cadet and I dumped the clutch and the new belt grabbed and it stalled out landing vertical on the fenders and seat! OK, no more off topic, back to IH Cubs. To say the least, I'm excited Digger! Plow day is gonna be great with that setup. That's a good product. I'll have to look for it. Demonstrations are always nice.
buttrock.gif
groupwave.gif

Charlie- I think my snow all blew down to Spring Valley! Wow it's windy out there.

I had the 125 started last weekend to pull the kids around the yard in the sled and was going to put the Brinly rear blade on to play around, but I noticed I lost the bolt and bushing that holds the rear lift bar to the 3 point casting. I found the bolt a couple months back but didn't know what it went to and now it's all packed away ready for the big move north. Sure is nice to finally get a little snow to play with though!

Ed - looks like your points were closed when you left the key ON! because it completed the circuit and you had a DEAD SHORT! and the coil is setting there energized with no way to let out the stored high voltage just cooking off like a time bomb.

Last year when I tried pulling a small tree out with the grapple I tore the forks off. If you look at the forks you can see my quick fix welding to get me back in action.
50761.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of my rebuild. I welded an additional chain hook on the top center of the bucket for holding strength. I decided to go wider. I now have four claws and the teeth are scarier too.
50762.jpg

50763.jpg

50764.jpg

50765.jpg

Terry B.
Now that's just to freakin cool!
If we could just get ya to add another arm to that loader!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I'm thinkin we might just need a video.
thumbsup_old.gif

Digger - yer just talking to yourself, BTDT ;)

I don't guess Terry wants me to tell him that his bolts holding the crapple to the bucket is just attaching it not supporting the piviot or that his jaws are still weak if not weaker because he laid down the back strap. It'll just help from spreading the jaws not give them any backbone. The jaws will still bend, they need to be 1/2" thickness the way he grabs those logs. He's asking to much of to thin of metal.

I really like the looks of that one arm bandit but wont that put excessive strain and wear on the pins with the bucket off to one side ? Still, looks sweet!

Charlie- stop doing yer snow dance!!! and ya can keep the wind to the east also!!!!

Nick are ya sure that your brinley parts didn't head west on ya this summer??????

Latest posts

Back