• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
happy.gif

TERRY, I'M throwing my I.H. hat in with RICHARD!!! Hope she runs as sweet as she looks.
We need the lowdown on all you did to it!
ROD

Has anyone tried to re-aim the headlights? I finally got the headlights wired on my 82 series, but the chute of my snowthrower is in the way. I was just wondering if you could aim the headlights or not.

Jon Stevens
Seems that most here add another set of lights on the drift cutters. I have the same issue with 1512 with the chute covering the beam of the headlight.
I think Art and Krag both when that way with their tractors. I read the lights would work better ahead of the chute . I will be adding a set on my 450.
old.gif

Jon-
There's really no way to "re-aim" the headlights unless you get very creative, but you could do something like this....

219722.jpg

I just unplugged the original headlights, and made leads for these long enough for these to reach the original headlight plug on the grill-shell. Getting the headlights out on the front corners of the snow-thrower like this really made a big difference.

PO of my 1450 wedged some blocks of wood in between the sides of the headlight mesh and the upper nose piece to point the lights out slightly instead of straight forward.

1a_scratchhead.gif

I had a guy call me today and wants me to come look at a 104 and other parts he wants to sell me. Anyway the 104 has sleeve hitch. I haven't seen any 104s that didn't have sleeve hitches.
Did I.H. do like some auto makers and pick certain models to add options too, as a package deal?
Maybe it's just coincidence.
ROD

Latest posts

Back