• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rich P.
No the H-42 Snow Thrower will not work with your narrow frame tractor. It was made for the *82 tractors. I have one and it will not fit a wide frame without modifications, much less the narrow frame.

The right Snow Throwers would be a QA-36, QA-42, QA-36A or a QA-42A. The first two only fit narrow frames, the last two will fit narrow or wide frames.
beerchug.gif

Art, we've been using RV anti-freeze at our hunting cabin in northern Wisconsin for years to protect the plumbing system. So far all has been well. Oh, and we've stopped by the cabin when in the area snowmobiling and it's been WAY below zero INSIDE the cabin and single digits above outside.
icon_eek.gif
We store the RV anti-freeze in the cabin. We used to store it in the shed but usually it would be too slushy to poor when we close up the cabin after deer hunting season and the outside temps are still above zero. My in-laws live about 20 miles south of the cabin and they have mid -30°F temps several times each winter.

To keep this a Cub Cadet related post, back in 1991 we had a big snowstorm on Halloween with 20+ inches of snow, we had to haul the Cub Cadet up to clear a path into the cabin for deer hunting.
buttrock.gif

Kraig,You should check the fluid in your thermometer, it's getting kind of low.

Jim,
lol.gif
yeah, I'm starting to get concerned that I may have to buy a new one.

I wonder if my 125 would even turn over in this cold.
1a_scratchhead.gif

37 Below this morning up this way.
The ole 1450 treated with Cermax fired right up!
And they call it snake oil!
bash.gif

Kraig, that is exactly what I have, the engine bolt holes from what I can tell do not have any play to move them back and forth, I will have to take a closer look. I wasn't sure if the lower spring with the nut on it would help bring the clutch disk closer to the pins not vise versa... With it being so cold, I don't like to stay in the unheated garage long these days...Guess I will just have to suck it and get out there... Thanks for the info...

Charlie, good to hear that you've not frozen completely solid up there. Impressive that your 1450 started up. Is it stored inside? My 125 is parked in a cold steel, unheated horse trailer.

Kevin P
What kind of pins were in your drive disc, and what kind did you replace them with, spirol pin or roll pin? They don't stick thru the clutch disc very far, as you can see by the picture Kraig posted, and they should be a spirol or coiled pin, and not a hardware store, common roll pin. The coiled pins in the drive disc were never available from Cub Cadet as a separate item, only as part of the drive disc assembly. I have owned a lot of Cub Cadets, but have never seen one of the pins in the disc break, they will get worn from the clutch disc, but I've never seen one that was broken....... provided it was the correct pin.

On my 1200, I had to pop the pins out a little bit. They were not flush with the back of the hole, and were causing the condition you describe.

Latest posts

Back